PDA

View Full Version : sas lite tutorial

chemaelizondo
04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Hello fellow LW dudes!
Does any one know where I can find asas lite tutorial for long hair?
Ive been following the one at:
http://www.newtek.com/products/lightwave/tutorials/modeling/saslite/

But I find it a bit confusing, and at this momsnt Im very much stock!

Thanks in advance.

JM :D

Dodgy
04-12-2005, 08:13 PM
What are you stuck on, maybe I can help :)

Mike Green

chemaelizondo
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Hi mike, guess what? I was creating a checklist regarding this problem so I could show you the steps I was following, and as I was doing it... It worked, Im still not too clear about what the problem was in the firs place but, whatever it was I seem to have fixed it while creating the following check list.

But I still have another question, is it posible to create fur from a poly tht is facing downwards using: "Apply fur only to named surfaces"?
Is for a broom Im working on. (image atached).

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

This is my checklist.

Ok these are the steps Ive been following:

1- Start on layer 1 with the main model, Select and copy the points from the area where I want the hair to be.

2- Paste the points in a second layer and convert them to polys (create / polygons / point to polys). And assign them a texture: hair_root. And copy them to the clipboard.

3-On layer number 3, create hair strands using: "create / curves / spline draw", keeping layer 2 on the background as reference.
(Making sure the first point of the spline draw line is very close to the one point poly in layer 2).

4- Make a few spline draw lines to work as parameters for: multiply / extend / rail extrude.

5- After rail extrude is been applied (with the one point polys in the foreground and the spline draw lines in the background). Assign a texture to the resulting spline draw lines newly created in layer 2. (Texture name: hair).

6- Paste the one point polys to the root position of the strands in layer 2. Select the newly pasted one point polys using Polygon Statistics and name assign texture: root_hair. deselect, and merge points.

7- After the points have been merged, send object to Layout and open the effects panel in: items / window / image processing, and choose "saslite" from the Add pixel filter.
Choose: Objects / properties, and select layer 2 (where the hair guides and the merged one point polys are). Choose: deform / Add displacement / saslite.

(this image is not meant to be animated).

8 - Double click on saslite to access its properties:
Choose: "Make long hair using guide chains" and type the name of the texture to be used.

Voila!

Dodgy
04-13-2005, 06:52 PM
It is, just slap it on.