PDA

View Full Version : DVD into Lightwave Background

starbase1
04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Hi All,
I have some DVD format video files, and I want to get them into the background of LW to render over the top.

Is it possible to do this directly? I can import image seqences, but not video clips...

Failing direct import, is there a cheap utility that will export an image sequence from the video file or me?

I'm on LW 7.5

Cheers, Nick

Lottmedia
04-12-2005, 06:21 PM
DVD is a locked format, so in short, it can't be done. That being said, we all know utilities that can decode vob files. The real question is wether it's a commercial DVD or one some one made for you. Assuming it's NOT commercial there are application available on the net for pulling video from vob files (i'm not sure what they are but try dvdrhelp.com, they usually have wierd tools there)
Hope that helps
J-Rod

Integrity
04-12-2005, 07:32 PM
You can pull video from commercial DVD's. It is illegal but some people are giving the excuse that if you own the DVD you can legally rip it to back it up. Try doom9.org...they should have all you need there. You can also try using demo's of DVD ripping programs from various companies.

I hope this helps.

starbase1
04-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Sorry, should have explained it is not FROM a commercial DVD! It is encoded animation READY to go onto a DVD. My own work, but I don't want to rerender a long sequence!

Nick