PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't my keyboard config load up when i start Lightwave??

lardbros
04-22-2003, 01:52 PM
This probably seems like a really simple question, but its annoying me like mad!
Everytime i start lightwave, the keyboard shortcuts have reverted to the defaults, its driving me nuts! I have to go in and load them every time! Also the settings for the camera and how many segments it renders in, i like it to be just one segment, so i choose a larger number and set as the default, but low and behold, when i start it again, its reverted!

Please help me, i'm almost bald trying to figure this one out!

Thanks would be soooo much appreciated!

Stewpot
04-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi lardbros,

Try dumping your old layout preferences and see whether the same happens with a new set.

lardbros
04-22-2003, 04:37 PM
By dumping, do you mean, just create a new one?

I just wondered if i'm saving it in the right place, or if i should lead a command to it somewhere in one of the config files??

Stewpot
04-22-2003, 05:18 PM
Hi lardbros,

Yes, (slang), just get rid of your old cfg file and let LW create a new one.

LW automatically saves the cfg where it can find it. (I think!)

For instance if you are using Win2K pro it saves the cfg files in 'Documents and settings' under whatever your user name is. Go there, (if you are using Win2K), and throw out your old cfg file for layout.

If you use another OS then since I use Win2K, perhaps someone else could chip in.

By the way saying what OS you use will help in getting an answer.

Hope this helps.

lardbros
04-23-2003, 03:49 PM
The operating system i'm using is XP Professional!

I found them in the documents and settings folder, right.... bye, bye configs!!!

I havn't had too much time to see if this works, but thanks for the info!!