PDA

View Full Version : Non-Additive Morphs?

alexoctagon
04-12-2005, 08:55 AM
Hi

I've got an object with several endomorphs and want to animate adding in one morph at a time to show an object smoothly transitioning from one morph to the next. I've tried this with Endomorphs but it doesn't seem to work - the morphs are 'additive' and 'building on top of each other'. I have to take away the previous morph at the same time as introducing the new one, but this ruins the transition affect.

How can I morph to one Endomorph, keep that shape, but then morph to a second Endomorph with a straight transition between them?

It seems such a basic requirement, I'm sure there must be a setting to stop this additive effect!

Thanks, Alex

Deadlyforce
04-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi !

I can't help you with a detailed step by step procedure but what you're looking for may be in layout "Object Properties", "Deform Tab" >> Morph Target.

This is the tool I would use to achieve that kind of task. I never used it though so I can't help you further with it.

Good Luck ! :cool:

UnCommonGrafx
04-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Here's a tip:
Rough it all, with the overlaps.
Open the graph editor, from morphmixer/smartmorph and straighten out the curves so they don't overlap.

Done.

Wonderpup
04-13-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi alexoctagon,

I think the Multiple Target Single Envelope option is what you need here. This is the 'old fashioned' way to do morphing, where you set up a series of seperate versions of your model and then transition between them. The advantage to this is the the transition is controlled by a single curve in the graph editor. You could use 'save transformed' in layout to create a series of objects from your existing endomorphs.

You can find the MTSE option on the deform tab.

alexoctagon
04-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi

OK, I've done the endomorphs I wanted, used morph mixer in layout to morph them and then saved transformed object on each one.

I've then done each one so that it morphs correctly - great!

The only snag is that after the first morph, it seems to want to render the actual new morph target which means that I have to dissolve each morph target in/out at each morph change. I remember doing morphs in LW5.6, and I'm sure that I could do 100% dissolve on all the targets and the main object would use their points for the moving...?

Alex

Wonderpup
04-19-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi alexoctagon,

The way to set this up is to 'daisy chain' the targets- so shape one has shape two as its target, shape two has shape three as it's target ect.

Then create an envelope for shape one and create a key with a value of 100% to get to shape 2 and 200% to get to shape three ect.

then set targets two and three ect to be ' unseen by camera.'

You should now be able to move between the shapes using the single curve to control the morphing, with only shape one visable on screen.

alexoctagon
04-20-2005, 02:51 AM
Ah, yes, thats it, I've just noticed that bit in the online manual.

Many thanks!