PDA

View Full Version : Bad Morph

Johnnyx
04-12-2005, 07:47 AM
Wonder if anyone can help/seen this before...

I am trying to make a relative morph for my character where the bottom lip comes over the top lip.. sounds easy!

but!

I just can't get it to work! Looks good in modeler and layout - but renders wrong... looks like the opposite of what I want! There are 15 other morphs which work fine.

Sub-d model, ive tried all the subdivision settings in layout... nay luck! Stumped!

Pic attached

J

CB_3D
04-12-2005, 09:13 AM
You sure You donīt have another morph (like open mouth) interfering?

Johnnyx
04-12-2005, 10:13 AM
You sure You donīt have another morph (like open mouth) interfering?

cheers CB - but no... all sliders at 0% except this one! ... really strange eh? I've even deleted the morph and recreated it with a different name - still knackered...

Its a shame really... I have to get on with the job, but without that morph position... :mad: :confused:

J

toonafish
04-12-2005, 01:23 PM
what happens if you up the render subdivision settings ?

GraphXs
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Is your object subdivison order set to last? If not set it to last. Under the Objects> Geometry tab.

Johnnyx
04-13-2005, 12:55 AM
what happens if you up the render subdivision settings ?

..odd that.. the crease on the top lip just get shaper! - no difference to the overall mess!

Is your object subdivison order set to last? If not set it to last. Under the Objects> Geometry tab.?

Yup - played around with all those options....

I am beginning to think its a case of 'rip it up and start again' - which is very annoying .... :mad:

GregMalick
04-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Your lower lip geometry seems to be passing through your upper lip geometry and messing up the render. Fix that morph so it doesn't do that and you'll be fine.

btw because morphs are linear - you may need to use more than one morph - one to push the lip forward AND another to move it up.