PDA

View Full Version : planar maps don't "stick"

art_DA
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I have mapped an image on a polygon and now when I move or rotate the polygon, the image disappears.
Couldn't find anything in manual or in image mapping section online.
Could it be that I must map image after I position the polygon in layout?
I did find "fixed" projection, but only in layout and I am now currently in modeler.
Should I go ahead and wait 'til I have positioned my polygons before I map them with an image?
Thanks for any help!

Art

robewil
04-11-2005, 02:10 PM
In Modeler, image maps placement is done in in world coordinates, not the position of your model. Basically, map the object after you have put it in its final place. Note that this does not pertain to layout where the map is now attached to the object.

If you really want to move your object in Modeler after it has been mapped or if you need to clone the object in Modeler, you can use a simple UV texture.

bob anderson
07-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Am i to understand that the old way of using world coordinates in LW has changed? In the past it was always to set up in layout on the surfaces tab... then use world coordinates. This is how you used to set up for composites etc, and was the automatic way to have a texture map in an object match the same image loaded into the background. I was trying this for the first time in a while, and noticed seting world coords in layout really messed things up.

bob anderson
07-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm an idiot.. The images i got were 32 bit, so the technique I was trying to use was messed up... iIwas on the 25th hour of work at that point and finally figured it out.