PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to keep hypervoxels from making ugly artifacts camera clipping?

marinello2003
04-11-2005, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know how to keep hypervoxels from making ugly artifacts from camera clipping? i am doing a flythrough of hypervolxels (volumetric) and I am getting artifacts where they intersect with the camera's clipping plane. I have tried to do a gradient - distance to camera dissolve in the hypervoxels panel, but that still does not eliminate all the artifacts. Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

Brent

Wonderpup
04-14-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi marinello2003,

If you are using the HV with particles it may be worth trying to attach a collision object to the camera so that the particles are gently pushed aside before they hit the clipping plane.

marinello2003
04-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Hi marinello2003,

If you are using the HV with particles it may be worth trying to attach a collision object to the camera so that the particles are gently pushed aside before they hit the clipping plane.

Thanks for the great idea.

Actually I am not using particles but if I were that would definately be a good solution. However, It also implies that there is no way to fly the camera through HVs without getting artifacts!?

Has anyone flown a camera through volumetric HVs without getting artifacts?