PDA

View Full Version : Urgent export help required

noyce
04-11-2005, 08:17 AM
I have created a short animation and rendered it as still JPEG images(800x600). I have imported these into Adobe Premiere and am now wondering what is the best format to export my animation to. i need to send the animation for someone to view and the quality needs to be of a good standard.

In the past of have worked primarily as a modeller so this side is pretty new to me. My last short animation was output as a quicktime MOV with video compression. The FPS also throws me slightly as i never know what to use for the best (24,29.97 or 30)

Any help very much appreciated.

dgon64
04-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Quicktime is probably as good as any for retaining quality. It mainly depends on what your person viewing has available for viewing your animation. You could probably also export an avi. file but the file size might be too big. You could create both file types ( see which is smaller ) and zip it up for internet delivery. As to frame rate, this also depends on viewing method. If you were to print to film ( probably not ) then 24 fps would be the correct frame rate-29.97 is mainly used when exporting to NTSC video ( but then you would need to render your animation with field-rendered frames and compile in Adobe- after which you could export to videotape ). For computer video (30fps), Quicktime and Windows Media Player ( or even RealPlayer ) are the most readily available so, I find you may need to prepare 2 or 3 different versions ( also experiment with different compression settings ) in order to be able to determine which looks
the best. In the end, it becomes a compromise between quality and file size-so that's for you to decide. Hope it explains a little ( because there's even more to it than that-if you're not already confused!).

noyce
04-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Many thanks for your reply, it has certainly cleared a few things up. I've only been involved in the actual modelling and animating before, never the final output so it feels like i'm starting all over again : (

Once again many thanks.

dgon64
04-11-2005, 02:20 PM
There's still so much I need to learn myself that I sometimes feel like I'm starting anew everyday! One more thing- I don't know which version of Premiere you own ( my next purchase ) but you can also export to dvd from AE6.5 but I don't know if that's possible in your software.