PDA

View Full Version : Is Colonel White now a bad guy???

lardbros
04-09-2005, 05:10 AM
I just watched the newest episode of Captain Scarlet and am now wondering if Colonel White is now under the control of the Mysterons?

When he got soaked by 'evil' rain, he managed to lift his broken arm up when Captain Scarlet held his gun up to him. I'm hoping this was a subtle addition which will show us later on that he has been 'Mysteronised' or was it just a continuity mistake?

:D Really sorry if it is a mistake... i hate people who take the time and bother to point out tiny things like this, but was just wondering! :D

lardbros
04-09-2005, 05:40 AM
Just checked out the website and am thinking it was done on purpose... if not i would love to know... but if it's a plotline, things are hotting up really nicely, and what a bloody good script! The series is great.

WCameron
04-09-2005, 05:54 AM
PLEASE, us in the US have to get this series through friends or iffy download locations, usually quite some time after they air in the UK. If your gonna post about stuff like that could i suggest you afix the word SPOILERS in the subject so people who havent seen the episode in question dont blunder over some suprise they;d rather be suprised about while watching the episode?

- Will.

lardbros
04-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Oops, im REALLY SORRY!!

It's in the summary on the website anyway. If someone knows the answer, maybe a private message would be best!

Sorry again to anyone i've spoilt this for, it was kinda clear from the title anyway really! I've edited it anyway! :D

kml12
04-09-2005, 08:20 AM
It would be nice to get it here in the US...

WCameron
04-09-2005, 11:12 AM
not so long ago i woulda though TechTV woulda been a great place for it. but then G4 took them over and pretty much ruined the channel.

It would make a good saturday morning / afternnon block with other shows like the new Doctor Who on The SciFi channel - but i heard they passed on both shows.
Morons. if they cant fit it into 7 to 10 PM at night they're not interested.

- Will.

lardbros
04-09-2005, 05:29 PM
So you get the new Doctor Who in the states? I've been watching it and i think it's actually okay. I used to be scared of it as a kid, but if i was a kid today i reckon this one's even scarier! :D

WCameron
04-10-2005, 01:33 AM
NO we dont get that either, i have to download that too.
The stupid SciFi channel passed on it becuase it wasnt 'scifi enough' or some hogwash.
I admit it would look out of place in their SciFiFriday line up, but they could have placed it elsewhere.

as far as I know theres presently no outlet in the US lined up, but people are hoping BBC America will air it sometime.

Its too expensive for PBS stations.

and i dont really picture a 13 episdode series being picked up by channels for a syndicated run.

maybe the Starz Mystery or Action channel might - they've grabbed some UK shows in the past (notible BUGS and that Buffy type show with 'jeff' from coupling
whos name i'm blanking on......).

I actually tend to Dl most of my Brit Fix these days. between that and BBC America theres not much other choice. heh

- Will.

WCameron
04-10-2005, 01:37 AM
NO we dont get that either, i have to download that too.
The stupid SciFi channel passed on it becuase it wasnt 'scifi enough' or some hogwash.
I admit it would look out of place in their SciFiFriday line up, but they could have placed it elsewhere.

as far as I know theres presently no outlet in the US lined up, but people are hoping BBC America will air it sometime.

Its too expensive for PBS stations.

and i dont really picture a 13 episdode series being picked up by channels for a syndicated run.

maybe the Starz Mystery or Action channel might - they've grabbed some UK shows in the past (notible BUGS and that Buffy type show with 'jeff' from coupling
whos name i'm blanking on......).

I actually tend to Dl most of my Brit Fix these days. between that and BBC America theres not much other choice. heh.

as for the show itself - I'm quite enjoying it. So far theres really nothing i've found about it that hit me as "oh thats wrong" or "oh I wouldnt have done that"

I've even gotten used to the new TARDIS console room (and am modeling it :-)

Eccleston is awsome as the Doctor. Billie Piper is awsome as Rose too - maybe the most realistic companion reactions to stuff others had taken for granted (namely the bits in THE END OF THE WORLD).

I think SciFi did them selves a disservice by passing on it just because it wasnt
BattleStar Galactica, or another Stargate innumeration.

you know, on second thought i think it would fit in to the sciffri lineup at 7:00 pm - they'll need to replace Andromeda soon anyway. I'td be a good bridge leadin to the Stargate series....

- Will.

WCameron
04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
ummm. woah. thats weird. Must be stuck in a chronichistoresis.

must be stuck in a chronichistoresis.

- Will.
Waggling K9's Tail.

Qexit
04-13-2005, 08:47 AM
When he got soaked by 'evil' rain, he managed to lift his broken arm up when Captain Scarlet held his gun up to him.Er...his arm was not broken, just in a sling. When he was being treated, the Doctor (or whoever was treating him, I don't have the episode on tape so cannot check), remarked that he had been lucky that the shot had passed through without damaging/hitting the bone.

BTW, an interesting game to play with the Scarlet episodes is 'Spot the film this sequence came from'. So that I don't introduce any more spoilers to this thread, I will only list some films I've picked out without describing the scene involved :D They include : Aliens, Pitch Black, Contact and The Spy Who Loved Me.