PDA

View Full Version : Smoking hand...?

rflo
04-09-2005, 12:55 AM
I need a character with a smokey hand. Kind of like the dirty kid on Charlie Brown, except just over his hand.

How I'm thinking of doing it: Create my model, animate it, blah blah. Then create a particle emitter and parent it to the model, I would like it to parent to his hand, so I'm thinking of parenting it to the main bone in the hand, seems how his hand is part of a bigger object,would this work? Is there a better method to parent it to his hand?

Secondly, have the emitter shooting the smoke out down (-y), but have the gravity pull it up(+y), like blowing smoke out of a straw towards the ground. Set a collision to the character so it rolls around the hand instead of just going through it. It MUST roll around the skin of the character, it can't just come out of it, unless there is a way to make it look like it's rolling over it instead of just coming out of it.

I don't know if there is another way of creating smoke, but I plan on using Hypervoxels.

Any and all suggestions would be MOST appreciated, even if it means "no, stupid, you can't do it this way, and it's too hard to explain".

I will be sure to post my tests over in the W.I.P. if they seem worth showing.

SplineGod
04-09-2005, 01:19 AM
you can make the whole character a particle emitter and use a texture to make the particles only spawn from his hand. You can also select the hand, copy it and paste it into another layer. Tell that layer to use the bones from the first layer. Set the polygon size to 0 and make it a particle emitter. :)