PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Obj. pulldown grayed out.

mschiffhauer
04-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Can anyone tell me why the Items: Add: Dynamic Obj. pulldown menu would be grayed out, and possibly how to bring it back? Under Configure Menu, I have switched the preset to one of the older presets and then back to Default, as told by a Newtek support tech today, but that has not changed it back. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Marc

Silkrooster
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Reload your plug ins. Utilities>Plug ins>Edit Plug ins>Scan Directory
Silk

LSlugger
06-05-2005, 05:22 PM
I upgraded from 7.5d to 8.3 on Windows 2000 and OS X 10.4.

I just noticed the same problem, as I was watching Larry's intro. to HardFX (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/LW8Demos/HardFx_001.avi). I scanned for plugins, but nothing happened. I used the default menu preset, and the menu entries appeared.

I don't know what it is about these menus, but they seem awfully fragile. I guess that's the price we pay for configurability.

Silkrooster
06-05-2005, 07:04 PM
When installing 8.3 they tell you do delete the config files then rescan your plug ins, set the content directory and set the menu to default. This should take care of your problems, you may have some clean up of where the menu items belong, but that can easily be done with the menu editor.
Silk

BeeVee
06-07-2005, 12:51 AM
It's probably not the plug-ins - or rather not just the plug-ins, you also need to ensure that your menus are okay (Alt F10).

B

WCameron
06-08-2005, 06:28 AM
It's probably not the plug-ins - or rather not just the plug-ins, you also need to ensure that your menus are okay (Alt F10).

B

its actually an Lscript you need to load.... at the moment i forget exactly which one though....

I believe its the add_XXXXX plugins in the Lscripts/Interface/Layout folder...

- Will.