PDA

View Full Version : +(X-Guitar)+

null studios om
04-08-2005, 06:19 AM
This is my latest work.its the x-guitar
hope i like it...

Lukesutherland
04-08-2005, 09:02 AM
hi there, modelling looks pretty accurate so well done there - the render however dosen't show it off too well - try working on the lighting a bit to get rid of the over exposed section which in my opinion really distracts.

Maybe try an image with just one guitar, the shadow thing you have going on is a bit odd too - maybe try a floor?

Luke

null studios om
04-08-2005, 10:56 AM
well you know im 15 years old,and yet im learning...But if u know about learning that much why dont you teach me? im not so good at effects and lighting though :D
thanx for your openion Luke

null studios om
04-08-2005, 11:02 AM
this is the real pic.

danilo
04-08-2005, 01:04 PM
You are 15? You look like 1.
d

GregMalick
04-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Look up anti-aliasing in the manual. It will help get rid of those jaggies I'm seeing in your render.

Lukesutherland
04-08-2005, 04:00 PM
That 2nd render is a whole lot better- i am by no means an expert at teaching 3d, there are however a number of different ways of going about learning lw.

get a dan ablan book thats how i got into it - i found the manuals a little dry :)

but really its a lot to do with observation, I have seen a number of guitar modelling tutorials - never had the inclination to do one myself, but it's probably worth you having a look - try and examine the composition of the images - see what works best, cgtalk is also a good place to get advice critiques etc...

good luck

lesterfoster
04-08-2005, 07:58 PM
Hay: Null Studios om.

I am glad to see such progress from someone who is trying so hard to become a 3D artist. And at such a young age. I look forward to watching your progress as you master this fantastic 3D animation package.

The other thing that I can say about your render. I think that your luminosity setting is set to high on the white part of your model. Try reducing your luminosity settings.