PDA

View Full Version : droid composite 2

bearfoot
04-08-2005, 02:28 AM
i dont think however much i tweak this i will ever get it looking how i want and as its driving me utterly insane i decided to leave it as it was..

ok i know the shadow isnt exactley correct , the sky also i would like to change one day..

anyway here it is..

cheers
Anim Link (http://www.bearfootfilms.com/bot/tunnelbot.wmv)

http://www.bearfootfilms.com/bot/botcomp.jpg

Lude
04-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Still looks cool.

ok i know the shadow isnít exactly correct
It's it the shadow that falls on the builds in the back u are referring to?

gordonrobb
04-08-2005, 03:01 AM
Neil

It looks great. One question, is there a slight reflection on the ground, and if so, how did you do it. I cannot work out how to composit reflections.

The only things I would change are moving it slightly to its right, so that when it walks back it doesn't go over the grass (which doesn't move), and I think the problem with the shadow on the ground is that it looks like shodows from multiple lights. I don't kow how you comped it, but if you did it in for example After Effects, I would do a seperate render of just it's shadow, but using a different light source. All of this might be completely rubbish to you, as I am only trying this out myself.

gordonrobb
04-08-2005, 04:06 AM
Also,

I love the texturing of your droids. Any hints, or tutorials you could point me to?

Gordon

pauland
04-08-2005, 04:14 AM
Looks good to me - one impressive argument why robots should never diet...

Lukesutherland
04-08-2005, 08:56 AM
looks great - albeit a bit spooky!

Sande
04-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Nice droid, I especially like the textures...
It's a bit too sharp when compared to the rest, a little blur would help a lot.

Ramon
04-08-2005, 11:06 AM
Awesome! I like the lengthy design, very nice. Nice compositing too. :)
Sande may have a point about the edges. Although I don't think adding blur would be the remedy, I think a higher alias setting would help to place him into the scene more. (IMO) If you take a look at the upper arms in particular, you'll see the stairstepping.

You've got some great work there! :)

adrian
04-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Looks pretty **** good to me! If I had to be utterly nitpicky, I would say that there should be a little deformation on the grass as the droid walks over it.

Absolutely love the texturing!

Adrian.

Tiger
04-08-2005, 02:27 PM
XLNT! Looks very real!

EarthQuake
04-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Bearfoot! Nice too see you're still alive, why dont you post on the sscar forums anymore man?