PDA

View Full Version : envelope and render

zyhsu
04-22-2003, 10:16 AM
Dear sir:

1. How could we load *.env envelope file into the channel of our scenes file by using L-script?

2. Is there a command input in L-script can specify the render frame range and render output files?
( ˇ§render optionˇ¨ is not what I am talking about, which just give user a interface.)

Thanks!!

faulknermano
04-22-2003, 10:37 PM
1.) i dont know of a direct way to load env files to a channel. but you can do it manually by reading / parsing the env file and then applying the data into the channel by using the Channel Object Agent (look for it in the reference docs).

2.) you can set the render range by using the CS commands FirstFrame() and LastFrame(). regarding render output, again, you may have to read and parse and reoutput the scene file directly. there is no way, that i know of, to change the output file paths from lscript.

Tom Speed
04-22-2003, 11:10 PM
Hi,

1: What Faulknermano said

2: There's not much control here, except for these commands

generic
{
CommandInput("SaveAnimation"); // toggles the Save Animation on/off
CommandInput("SaveAnimationName C:\Lightwave\Renders\test.avi"); // sets Animation Filename, NOT the format!

CommandInput("SaveRGB"); // toggles Save RGB on/off
CommandInput("SaveRGBPrefix C:\LightWave\Renders\test.bmp"); // sets the Saved Bitmaps Name, NOT the format!
}

After running the SaveRGBPrefix command, the file/path name will change, but the extention will revert to the extention of the format you have already chosen in the Render Options.

Tip for you, if you want to see if any LW action can be scripted, run the LSCommander and run through the actions, if they're scriptable, they'll appear in LSCommander

Cya!
Tom

faulknermano
04-23-2003, 01:22 AM
hooray for tom! didnt know that about the saveRGB thingy. thanks.

Tom Speed
04-23-2003, 05:31 AM
hehe, hooray for LScriptCommander you mean :)

zyhsu
05-12-2003, 09:43 AM
I type the LScriptCommander in "command input" but get the message "unknown command" , pls tell me why?
thanks!
z.y. hsu

faulknermano
05-12-2003, 06:47 PM
it's a master class. go over to the MASTER PLUGINS panel and run it from the dropdown / popup menu.