PDA

View Full Version : Airport interior.

etyrihje
04-07-2005, 03:43 PM
This is an model/image I have worked on in my spare time the last weeks. This is my best Lightwave work so far, and even though I know I can improve it even futher, I think this is as far as I will go for now.

Thanks for all the inputs provided in the WIP thread, itīs been an inspiration and I have learned a lot through this project!

(This image was rendered in about 24hrs using fprime 1.5, the previous render made in fprime 1.02 took about 6 times as long...)

And here is a 2.5 seconds clip with a simple camera move (just to get an idea of the space), it was only rendered to level 7 (but is shown here in half size), About 1Mb:
http://www.groovy3d.com/airport5.mov

All comments welcome!

otacon
04-07-2005, 04:52 PM
Nice image. It has good depth to it. That blown out area around the railing is distracting though. :)

starbase1
04-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Nice attention to detail - I liked the seams on the multi-panel display showing Earth! The blue 'gate' signs with the man and woman logo look a little horizontally stretched to me?

Nick

Nakaleen
04-08-2005, 04:45 AM
I had to look it a couple of times to make sure it wasn’t a photo :P

But one thing seems strange. The scale.

Looking at the door to the toilets then looking to the escalators the scale seems off to me. If the escalators scale is right (which is looks like) it looks like you would be hitting your head to get through the doors.

Kuzey
04-08-2005, 05:47 AM
Very Cool....all it needs now is people :D

What's the polycount ?

Kuzey

Lukesutherland
04-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Great detail, one thought - in the animation the camera feels about 10 foot in the air perhaps if this was a little lower, say around 6 foot sort of head height - it may feel like a bigger space

cc3d
04-08-2005, 02:01 PM
looks good...

Newark?

veljko
04-09-2005, 07:39 AM
hi, the anim looks good, the noise from the compresion adds life to an othervise steril image. This is my critique, it is too steril-a bit of life would make it not look like a rendered image. Some stains, garbage, discoloration, wear and tear...stuff like this-
hope this helps!

oh yes, i agree with otacon, that blown out area around the railing is distracting
-thats some good advice, i would listen:)

lennartthissen
04-13-2005, 01:03 PM
srry but I have to hurry: my plane leaves in 5 min.
;)

etyrihje
04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Octagon: Thanks, I agree to the blown out area, if I do render it again, I will fix it!

STarbase1:thanks for noticing the seams, they are also in the sign that you think look stretched, I am not sure it is stretched, but I am sure it could be better.

Nakaleen:Thanks for a heartwarming comment on it looking like a photo, you are the first to comment the scale, but I think you are on to something, something I might have missed... I will look into that if I decide to rerender it, thanks!

Kuzey:Thanks, It needs people for sure, but thatīs another departments job.. maybe something for my 5 month old son when he becomes old enough...
Polycount is way to high, actually I donīt know how to find out, when I select all polys in modeller it just shows *****... I need to read the manual more carefully... I am sure its above 1 million though.

Lukesutherland : The camera IS to high, I never put any thought into that animation, just set up a camera move, cause I wanted to see my model in 3D... next time I will be in eye-height, thanks for pointing it out though.

cc3d: Thanks, not Newark, never been there (been to JFK though), the airport is from my imagination. (although Continental flies to Oslo, Norway from Newark)

Veljiko: I agree, but texturing for a used look hasenīt been my priority this time.

lennartthissen: Hope you got on your plane, if not I can change the departure time ;-)

Thanks all!

Cutty
04-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Your're getting close now friend. Just imagine what the next level will look like!