PDA

View Full Version : Installer Freezes and refuses to finish

ekd
04-07-2005, 12:26 AM
I just got my brand new copy of lightwave in the mail today and I put my CD in the drive with anticipation. After three tries I get a message that there was an error in the installation and that I should retry. I thought, maybe I need to drag the installer to the desktop. No good the transfer freezes at the last 5 seconds. I left it on to see how long it would take. I took a shower, went to the post office and downtown. When I came back the transfer was still stuck. I have recieved a bad install CD what should I do? :eek: :eek: :eek:

fyffe
11-24-2005, 11:28 AM
I am having the same problem with my LW 8 on my shiny new Mac Mini. "There was an error in the installation." "Please try again" or something like that. I'm going to look up my registration number and call support. I think that's the way to go about it.

Nigel Baker
11-24-2005, 04:12 PM
This seems extremely weird.
Defnitely contact Newtek.
I wonder if there is something wrong with the burn.
The application is not large so maybe you could get a download from them instead.

BeeVee
11-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Graham and ekd (if you are based in Europe): Contact us and we can send you a fresh install CD.

B

fyffe
02-24-2006, 11:21 PM
By the way everybody, they sent me a new CD and it works great. Thanks!

Gui Lo
02-28-2006, 01:13 AM
I normally use LW on the PC but I am installing it on my iBook. The installer runs but says it cannot go any further because there is "nothing to install".

How can that be?

Thanks for any ideas.

Glendalough
02-28-2006, 11:44 AM
There seem's to be some install issues, problems with installers, different versions of OSX.....

As someone said in another thread here it might be easier to install from another machine over the network or ethernet cable.

Have found installing from one machine to another over firewire seems to always work (so far). You put one to start up as harddrive (?firewire? disk mode -explains in the manual) by holding down t on key board...