PDA

View Full Version : why only one undo?????????

paximus
04-22-2003, 04:32 AM
could someone please explain to me why, after 7.5 versions of lightwave, is there still only one undo level on layout?
i would have thought that, by now, this incredibly frustrating oversight in programing would have been altered. judging by the fact that modeler has a user setable undo level (of at least 50), there must be some valid reason for this. i would greatly appreciate it if someone could spread some light apon this baffeling subject.
thankyou.

mattclary
04-22-2003, 05:40 AM
While you're at it, you should inquire about bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and Atlantis. These are also questions that have puzzled mankind over the years. :)

WCameron
04-22-2003, 07:59 AM
and strangely enough I'm sure there all linked together in some way......

- Will.

Mylenium
04-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Well, apart from anything like conspiracy theories or the Yeti I think there is a simple reason: Layout's somewhat outdated architecture. I don't want to beat on Layout or the people developing it, but come to think of it: How many functions are actually plugins? That wasn't to bad, but unfortunately the main application is rather unaware of these up to the moment when they are activated or used. So how do you undo something that Layout doesn't even recognize? Yes, it's once more a matter of inefficient internal communication that has brought down even some big industrial players ;) .

Mylenium

paximus
04-22-2003, 03:13 PM
considering that lightwave is vertualy just an empty platform for plugins to run from, perhaps the next plugin should be called "undo till the cows come home". a plugin specificaly designed to provide an almost endless undo level.
or should this notion be shelved along with teleporting and world peace...just another foolhardy ambition from some young upstart who will soon burn out and spend the rest of his days sticking those little labels that say "not a dietry suppliment" onto bottles of toilet cleaner

MorituriMax
04-22-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by paximus
considering that lightwave is vertualy just an empty platform for plugins to run from, perhaps the next plugin should be called "undo till the cows come home". a plugin specificaly designed to provide an almost endless undo level.
or should this notion be shelved along with teleporting and world peace...just another foolhardy ambition from some young upstart who will soon burn out and spend the rest of his days sticking those little labels that say "not a dietry suppliment" onto bottles of toilet cleaner

Cowdoo?

Cman
04-24-2003, 09:14 AM
Follow this link for:
Multiple Undos for Layout (http://forums.newtek.com/discus/messages/2/25220.html?1027145834)

VWTornado
04-24-2003, 11:10 AM
are L-Scripts like plugins where you have to load them to use them or what? only thing ive done in lightwave is pretty basic modelling, rendering and animation...most of the plugins i see on flay.com i dont even understand what they do, much less how to use them. :(

Cman
04-24-2003, 11:25 AM
l-scripts are very similar to plugins.
In both cases, you load them, add a button, and then use them pretty much like any other tool you use now.

3D|Dave
04-24-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by paximus
Re: why only one undo?????????

Because Lightwaver's only make one mistake per animation!