PDA

View Full Version : some butthole is selling my horse model on turbosquid

Userdelta
04-22-2003, 03:29 AM
http://www.turbosquid.com/HTMLClient/FullPreview/FullPreview.cfm/ID/197361/Action/FullPreview

hehe so uh what do you guys think i should do? whats worse is that he doesnt even provide it in LWO format and he even named it "Shadowfox, the lord of all horses"! hahahahaha

Rory_L
04-22-2003, 04:21 AM
Contact Turbosquid support and get them to remove the ad and ban the guy if possible.

Plan B: Find out where he lives, and go there dressed as Edward Scissorhands! :D

R

hrgiger
04-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Yep, that sure is your horse User. I was looking for a email address so that we could all flame the hell out of him but I don't see a link for one anywhere. Definately let Turbosquid know. And see if you can get his email address. Then let us know.

Userdelta
04-22-2003, 12:32 PM
hehehee sounds good :) i'll see what happens

benhaines
04-22-2003, 04:01 PM
excuse me for asking the obvious... but where did he get your model from?

cresshead
04-22-2003, 04:25 PM
hi
yeh give turbosquid a email and they will ban the chap.
i'm a forum assistant there for max and gmax and have also had people banned for doing just what you've discovered...

i bet he bought your model and then decided to get his money back by selling it as his own...Grrr

steve g

Beamtracer
04-22-2003, 06:22 PM
Userdelta, find yourself a good copyright lawyer and sue Turbosquid.

Your model may have already been sold on Turbosquid for a lower price than you would normally sell your models for. If Turbosquid removed it tomorrow, it doesn't compensate you for the fact that your model has already been distributed.

Turbosquid should then recover their costs from the guy who gave them your model.

riki
04-22-2003, 06:52 PM
I'd try the nice approach first, send an email to Turbo and find out if any copies have been sold, then seek compensation. They may be more willing to help if you don't go in with gunz blazing. But of course this guy could continue to sell your model elsewhere.

Titus
04-22-2003, 11:26 PM
The model was removed from turbosquid

Userdelta
04-23-2003, 06:05 AM
:) well turbo squid has suspended the account and contacted him for any disputes.

wouldnt give me his email address though. hehe.