PDA

View Full Version : Open up the SDK MORE!

wacom
04-05-2005, 01:46 PM
I know, you'll break some things if you go to far too fast, but man does it break my heart to know that Worley and his wonderful Fprime, along with the two other renderers out there, are being held back by your locked down SDK!

I think you should meet with each one of them and ask them "...so what do you need..." and then work towards that goal.

I'm sure you're already doing this...but man...it's so painful...

cgolchert
04-05-2005, 01:56 PM
You make it sound like they aren't. Worley has stated he has seen some changes in the betas. I'm guessing he has been talking to them to find out that info.

NonPlanar
04-05-2005, 07:27 PM
You make it sound like they aren't. Worley has stated he has seen some changes in the betas. I'm guessing he has been talking to them to find out that info.

Worley may have stated that, but he also said, and I quote from worley.com:

Newtek has begun work on extending its plugin interface (SDK). FPrime uses the new LightWave 8.2 "hooks" to better integrate with Layout. One effect of these new hooks supports subpatch "Subdivide Last" mode. The other effect is that FPrime 1.5 no longer needs the annoying FPrime Shader and Displacement "helper" plugins. FPrime 1.5 still uses those helper plugins when used in LightWave 7.5 and 8.0. LightWave 8.2 does not have any other SDK changes to allow FPrime to show extremely desirable effects like surface shaders, Hypervoxels, or volumetrics, or render as an F9 or Screamernet replacement.

I repeat to stress:

LightWave 8.2 does not have any other SDK changes to allow FPrime to show extremely desirable effects like surface shaders, Hypervoxels, or volumetrics, or render as an F9 or Screamernet replacement.

Karmacop
04-06-2005, 02:46 AM
8.2 doesn't have anything extra, we all know that, but that doesn't mean 8.5 or whatever the next version is wont have further SDK features.

Nemoid
04-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Exactly :)

pauland
04-06-2005, 09:12 AM
If ever there was a pointless thread this is it...

GregMalick
04-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Good call wacom.

Reminding NewTek how important this is to us users is always on point. :cool:

Matt
04-06-2005, 10:20 AM
It's happening guys, give NT a break! There are ramifications beyond what we know involved in doing this! They are listening!

:D