PDA

View Full Version : Fprime 2?

Thunderb
04-05-2005, 11:38 AM
COME ON GUYS AT NEWTEK?! WHEN ARE WE GOING TO SEE THE NEW FPRIME 2! with full SDK support etc, we need to render out all the cool stuff like, Hypervoxels and caustics!! WORLEY ROCKS!!

mattclary
04-05-2005, 11:56 AM
:rolleyes:

Captain Obvious
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
Maybe there should be a "yeah, we know we need to work on the SDK for Fprime, shut up about it already"-sticky? ;)

Thunderb
04-05-2005, 01:30 PM
:eek:

Understood.

whahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahh... . .. . .

we can but dream of what maybe.......

Chuck
04-05-2005, 03:41 PM
We're certainly excited to see what Worley Labs has been able to accomplish with the SDK additions and changes that we've been providing in our LightWave [8] updates, including that he's now taken advantage of some of the 22 SDK enhancements in 8.2. As has already been said many times before, we'll most certainly be implementing the changes that he and other developers would like as we continue with our development of LightWave. Our programming staff continues to get direct feedback from Steve and the folks at Worley Labs as we work on his requests, so he's fully aware that we're working on these steadily and that each update will provide more available options and power to FPrime and other third party tools.

Congratulations to Worley Labs on releasing FPrime 1.5!!

Matt
04-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Don't you just love copy 'n' paste Chuck! ;)

Chuck
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Don't you just love copy 'n' paste Chuck! ;)

There are definitely days and situations where it has its usefulness, Matt... ;)

Thunderb
04-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Wow thanks for the encouraging words guys ;) and info, you seem too be ontop of things there. Cant wait for the updates :p

Thanks for the replies. Looking forward to the fuuuture.

gjjackson
04-05-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm convinced many here don't realize what's involved in programming, especially redesigning code. The easiest thing is to start over from scratch. I found that out early on in some of the applications I wrote. When you have a large customer base you can't afford to break the original code when updating, and that's not hard to do. So if you rewrote it entirely no doubt there'd be numerous plugins that wouldn't work. I can imagine the outcry then. It's a tough balancing act that Newtek is doing, and doing it well I might add.

mccu2825
04-05-2005, 08:13 PM
All,

New to Lightwave. Need some advice? Need pro's and con's of getting Messiah Studio Workstation and/or FPrime 1.5? Are they worth it and why? Thanks! :confused:

Signal to Noise
04-05-2005, 09:13 PM
I have feeling by the time we see FPrime 2.0 it will be a fee-based update. Of which I'm not ready for. Let's enjoy what we've got now and continue to save up our chump change. ;)

riki
04-06-2005, 01:24 AM
There are definitely days and situations where it has its usefulness, Matt... ;)

Don't knock it.
It once took me four hours to teach one of my clients how to "Copy and Paste" :)

Hervé
04-06-2005, 01:32 AM
hey Riki, his name was Dumbo or what...? hehe...

sure next F_Prime 2 will be a paid upgrade... let's say 98% sure... :D

riki
04-06-2005, 01:39 AM
hey Herve you'd be surprised I know some people who can't even use an ATM machine.

Hervé
04-06-2005, 02:01 AM
I can imagine....

I've red a strory where some idiot called microsoft hot line, saying that on his screen there is a big mess, big squares everywhere....

hot line said : ok, don't panic, begin by closing all the windows you have opened...

In the background on the phone, the guy from the hot line could hear someone closing real windows... !! he he... :D :D

Matt
04-06-2005, 10:28 AM

Hehe! :)