PDA

View Full Version : about - SDK - fprime - and turtles

fartofart
04-05-2005, 04:17 AM
Hi turtles....

Is there any reasonable idea, why newtek not get the SDK ready for shader?
Over the thumb i would say they had more than 1,5 years time to fix the SDK.
A cluster of coders not get this ready?
Looks like a political issues.
I can bake alot but not all shader!

However, compare the development of modo or cinema4d in the near past.

What have they done in the last years?

What newtek did in the last years?
Bought plugins and implement it into Lw

It seams Newtek is the 3D turtle!
Old and slow

P.S. check your air conditioner - if itz too hot for thinking it might be defect

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Hi turtles....

Is there any reasonable idea, why newtek not get the SDK ready for shader?
Over the thumb i would say they had more than 1,5 years time to fix the SDK.
A cluster of coders not get this ready?
Looks like a political issues.
I can bake alot but not all shader!

However, compare the development of modo or cinema4d in the near past.

What have they done in the last years?

What newtek did in the last years?
Bought plugins and implement it into Lw

It seams Newtek is the 3D turtle!
Old and slow

P.S. check your air conditioner - if itz too hot for thinking it might be defect

I think you're the one that's slooooooooooooow.

Kuzey

durexlw
04-05-2005, 04:26 AM
You tell them turtles Arti!

We better type this slow, so they can read it at Newtek.

fartofart
04-05-2005, 04:31 AM
I think you're the one that's slooooooooooooow.

Kuzey

i see very smooth..
a waist of ooo ..you dont think so?

but i really miss facts or do you typed in white?

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 04:32 AM
You tell them turtles Arti!

We better type this slow, so they can read it at Newtek.

So what's up the you two idiots...anyway, did you fall off the dumb truck??

Kuzey

durexlw
04-05-2005, 04:37 AM

Kuzey

It seems to take an idiot to call someone an idiot, without you know this person or it's intention... we may have fallen off the dumb truck, but he seem to have run over you and your turtle brain man.

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 04:38 AM
i see very smooth..
a waist of ooo ..you dont think so?

but i really miss facts or do you typed in white?

I'm glad you liked it.

Research first or you guys will alway's come out looking stupid!!

Kuzey

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 04:40 AM
It seems to take an idiot to call someone an idiot, without you know this person or it's intention... we may have fallen off the dumb truck, but he seem to have run over you and your turtle brain man.

Well...you can't think for yourself to know any better...idiot!

Kuzey

mattclary
04-05-2005, 04:41 AM

Kuzey

I think so. Then it turned around and ran over them a few times. They kind of got caught up under the rear axle and were drug a few miles. They eventually kind of... wore off... It was pretty messy. :cool:

fartofart
04-05-2005, 04:42 AM

Kuzey

stop beening offend
my post based on facts.
i was waiting with this post for over a year.
Now it was only the time.

I wanna help with my thread . This is my only intention.
I like Lightwave but iam sad and worried - really

Give us an answer why newtek not found a way to fix the SDK .
Than we have a discussion. Have a nice day

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 04:47 AM
stop beening offend
my post based on facts.
i was waiting with this post for over a year.
Now it was only the time.

I wanna help with my thread . This is my only intention.
I like Lightwave but iam sad and worried - really

Give us an answer why newtek not found a way to fix the SDK .
Than we have a discussion. Have a nice day

Well, starting the thread with "Hi turtles" is not a good start.

Like I said, it's all out there already!!

Kuzey

durexlw
04-05-2005, 04:47 AM
Well...you can't think for yourself to know any better...idiot!

Kuzey

Aside from my childish reply, just look at the facts. If you can say Newtek is fast in development, stick with it and see the world flash by man.

The question of this man above was nothing more then a way of saying he cares for this software and he'd like to see it better. As a metaphor, comparing newtek to a turtle is correct, if you dare looking at the facts.
I know we only see a fragment of reality and opening the SDK is probably less easy then how we look at it, but if you consider the time this has been an issue and you look at all the time requests came in this way, then I'd say the idea of the turtle is even starting to look as a complement to me.

colkai
04-05-2005, 04:50 AM
Funny innit?
Every time some form of LW related update arrives, we get folks who are "new members" to the board suddenly posting about what is wrong with Newtek and LW and how they should have done X..Y..Z by now.

Surely, these can't be trolls supporting / writing other software with a grudge to bear can they? .. Maybe the same people re-registering over and over ... Nahhh - That would never happen :p :rolleyes:

1.5 years to fix the SDK - well with a comment like that - I can only presume you know nothing of coding at all. Take a look, do you just see an SDK when you load up LW? No - well then - so 1.5 years, much work behind the scenes, new development blood (HURRAH!) - added features, refined features, bug fixes, amended core, amended SDK.

Yup, I agree with others here, the slowness may not be on Newtek's part.

Now we wait for the "Oh - but we love LW - we are just pointing out why it is no good / needs to be better" - Sh'yeah right!

If the turtles are the ones who support & defend LW - what does that make the folks who are whining continually about it but claim to "love it" and stick with it - when everything they say so blatantly contradicts their so called "helpful" stance?

mattclary
04-05-2005, 04:51 AM
was nothing more then a way of saying he cares for this software and he'd like to see it better

Typical troll mantra. "Newtek sucks, but I'm just saying this because I want to help them. I love LightWave".

I can tell you are both (if you are indeed two seperate people) long-time lovers of Lightwave with your grand total of 18 posts between you.

mattclary
04-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Now we wait for the "Oh - but we love LW - we are just pointing out why it is no good / needs to be better"

LOL!!! You posted this at the same time he was writing it! :eek:

fartofart
04-05-2005, 04:53 AM
Well, starting the thread with "Hi turtles" is not a good start.

Like I said, it's all out there already!!

Kuzey

itz metaphoric as the hare and hedgehog.

Not ever comparison invite to be offend

"Like i said , it's all out there already!!"

What is there?

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 04:54 AM
Aside from my childish reply, just look at the facts. If you can say Newtek is fast in development, stick with it and see the world flash by man.

The question of this man above was nothing more then a way of saying he cares for this software and he'd like to see it better. As a metaphor, comparing newtek to a turtle is correct, if you dare looking at the facts.
I know we only see a fragment of reality and opening the SDK is probably less easy then how we look at it, but if you consider the time this has been an issue and you look at all the time requests came in this way, then I'd say the idea of the turtle is even starting to look as a complement to me.

Come on, open your **** eyes....if some people didn't cause the problems within Newtek a few years back, we would have been talking about Lightwave 9 by now!!

idiot!!

kuzey

mattclary
04-05-2005, 04:56 AM
And if Newtek didn't have to correct the design mistakes made by said people...

I've had 3 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours, I'm feeling kinda cranky. :cool:

colkai
04-05-2005, 04:58 AM
if some people didn't cause the problems within Newtek a few years back, we would have been talking about Lightwave 9 by now!!

CHOKE - hahaha - darned good one -;)
Who knows what would have been - for me, the fact that there is new blood at Newtek is actually refreshing. After all, folks were complaining that the original team weren't developing LW properly long before the Modo / Luxology split, so maybe there are some hot young guns ready to think outsode the box now - we can hope.

My money is on Newtek :D

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 05:00 AM
itz metaphoric as the hare and hedgehog.

Not ever comparison invite to be offend

"Like i said , it's all out there already!!"

What is there?

Well, I can't hold your hand...sorry!

If you were here for the past 1.5 years you'd know already!

Make a search before posting!

kuzey

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 05:03 AM
CHOKE - hahaha - darned good one -;)
Who knows what would have been - for me, the fact that there is new blood at Newtek is actually refreshing. After all, folks were complaining that the original team weren't developing LW properly long before the Modo / Luxology split, so maybe there are some hot young guns ready to think outsode the box now - we can hope.

My money is on Newtek :D

I was saving that for another post, the new team is doing a wonderful job!!

;)

Kuzey

durexlw
04-05-2005, 05:04 AM
if some people didn't cause the problems within Newtek a few years back, we would have been talking about Lightwave 9 by now!!

Who ever hires Newtek is Newtek... what you say here is Newtek ****ed up.

Very mature by the way to judge someone based on the amount of posts he did. Looking at the meaningfull crap you contribute here, you can be proud on your brand total posts.

mattclary
04-05-2005, 05:08 AM
Very mature by the way to judge someone based on the amount of posts he did.

Actually, it's the content of your posts that really "stands out".

retinajoy
04-05-2005, 05:09 AM
You jokers always amuse me. Getting a girlfriend may help (I say this constructively hand on heart :rolleyes: )

from http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

What is a TROLL

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 05:10 AM
Who ever hires Newtek is Newtek... what you say here is Newtek ****ed up.

Very mature by the way to judge someone based on the amount of posts he did. Looking at the meaningfull crap you contribute here, you can be proud on your brand total posts.

What the hell are you saying here...Newtek hires itself ??

Make sense stupid!!

Kuzey

fartofart
04-05-2005, 05:11 AM
Well, I can't hold your hand...sorry!

If you were here for the past 1.5 years you'd know already!

Make a search before posting!

kuzey

this is my last answer to your very offend and non productive posts!
Iam in 3d biz for over 8 years and this in a professional manner.
Iam here arround the lw group and this forum since 6,5 years.

500 post ..not count quality and professionalism.
If i would drop post with " the stuff is there " an this in not longer than half a line.
i would hide me !

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 05:18 AM
this is my last answer to your very offend and non productive posts!
Iam in 3d biz for over 8 years and this in a professional manner.
Iam here arround the lw group and this forum since 6,5 years.

500 post ..not count quality and professionalism.
If i would drop post with " the stuff is there " an this in not longer than half a line.
i would hide me !

Mmm....you say professional but your nametag says "fartofart" what does that tell you??

Use your real name and I'll act in a professional manner!

Kuzey

Fausto
04-05-2005, 05:24 AM
I honestly don't understand why people get their panties in a twist each time someone posts a message that's contrary to their personal view. You see this all the time when people post anything that puts down software, OS, or hardware that someone feels a close connection with, WHY?

Firstly, this individual is obviously not from an english speaking country, kudos to him for at least attempting to communicate in another language and secondly there's likely something being lost in the translation.

In addition, if this person is LW user and there's no reason to think otherwise, I'm sorry just because he's critical of Newtek isn't adequate evidence he's an outsider, he has every right to voice his opinion. He's paid for that priveledge. He states some facts, as he see them; Fprime is less than totally useful without the ability to render certain LW effects, shaders etc. I agree with this person totally, now is Newtek doing something about it, I assume so, do they deserve critisim, I'm not inclined to do that, *YET*. Have they been fast or slow, well that's relative to how many people are working on the issue/s. If it's one guy working his tail off than it's blazing fast, if it's a team the size of Microsoft's than it's terribly slow.

The point is, calling someone an idiot because he's voicing his frustration about a product that he uses is bad form, and I'm almost certain that calling him an idiot is more of an insult to the person calling him an idiot than the person intended for the insult because it reflects badly on the person.

This is what I got from that response;

The poster is impatient
Likely fanatical about his computer choice (likely a mac user)
Probably young, or at least should be
Probably has some slant toward racism, doesn't like it when people speak in broken english
and finally is in desparate need of a girlfriend :), sorry had to through that one in, tongue in cheek mind you.

RELAX!

mattclary
04-05-2005, 05:27 AM
You forgot the most important one: Bored ;)

Fausto
04-05-2005, 05:32 AM
You forgot the most important one: Bored ;)

Ok, bored as well. :)

durexlw
04-05-2005, 05:34 AM
Mmm....you say professional but your nametag says "fartofart" what does that tell you??

Use your real name and I'll act in a professional manner!

Kuzey

How much more mud can you throw man? Now you're starting to understand who you are talking to you're using lame things as "I don't like your nickname?!"

As a company you have to have some humor about yourself... look at Eyeon... what I like about these guys is that they dare making campains like "We suck less".

Sure he stated his initial post kinda odd and he uses a funny nickname, but what's he's trying to communicate is based on facts. Look at the frequency of releases and the way they handle user-input among the software packages out there and you'll see clearly appear what this man is saying.

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 05:35 AM
This is what I got from that response;

The poster is impatient
Probably has some slant toward racism, doesn't like it when people speak in broken english

You must be kidding, English is not my native tongue!!

Google my name and see what you come up with?

I'm targeting durexlw than fartofart...but that's ok if you didn't catch that.

Kuzey

-NG-
04-05-2005, 05:35 AM
Every 3d app can get better, ok perhaps LW lacks a bit compared to progress of the other companies. But don't compare NT with Alias(for example), Alias to be alot bigger so more $$$ meaning more programmers and so on.

I'm sure NT has something up there sleeve's. The silence before the storm so to say. :)

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 05:41 AM
How much more mud can you throw man? Now you're starting to understand who you are talking to you're using lame things as "I don't like your nickname?!"

As a company you have to have some humor about yourself... look at Eyeon... what I like about these guys is that they dare making campains like "We suck less".

Sure he stated his initial post kinda odd and he uses a funny nickname, but what's he's trying to communicate is based on facts. Look at the frequency of releases and the way they handle user-input among the software packages out there and you'll see clearly appear what this man is saying.

idiot, I'm saying how can one take someone seriously if they don't use their real name! For all I know he coulld be working for modo and just causing trouble!

And why are you still posting here when you don't even use lw??

Kuzey

colkai
04-05-2005, 05:42 AM
I honestly don't understand why people get their panties in a twist each time someone posts a message that's contrary to their personal view. You see this all the time when people post anything that puts down software, OS, or hardware that someone feels a close connection with, WHY?

My guess?
Because when it's aimed at Newtek & Lightwave people think it is right and honest and should be allowed, but level that same accusation at say Modo or XSI and watch the reaction. If the griping was a two-way street I think some of us would be more likely to accept it, but slight any other package at all and you are almost guaranteed to get a "you don't know what you are talking about".

Seems brand lyalty is only good when it ain't to Newtek. :p

retinajoy
04-05-2005, 05:43 AM
Look at the frequency of releases and the way they handle user-input among the software packages out there and you'll see clearly appear what this man is saying.

I repectfully disagree, but would agree over a year half ago. I think the evidence the past year at least has shown much improvement. There have been 3 updates since the official release and more to come. These updates are no extra cost to the user. Even C4D users had to pay for there 8.5 update. Also, Newtek are currently Beta testing a 64bit verson of LW which will help productivity a lot. So 3 update and a Beta 64bit version of LW in a year is not bad, plus the linux render.

As for FPrime, the updated SDK in 8.2 have allowed some annoying things to no longer be needed. I presume (hopeing) that LW 8.5 will have all the hooks to allow the shaders etc to fully work in FPrime.

:)

Fausto
04-05-2005, 05:45 AM
You must be kidding, English is not my native tongue!!

Google my name and see what you come up with?

I'm targeting durexlw than fartofart...but that's ok if you didn't catch that.

Kuzey

I'm sorry Kuzey I think you're the one that missed the point.
Whether or not you're an english speaking person isn't the issue, the point I was making was, your posts come across as you being inpatient, leaning toward racism, oh and by the way, racism isn't exclusive to white blue eyed aryans. But more inportantly you do yourself injury by insulting someone for something so trivial. You do not own this company, you benefit from customers that voice their concerns and displeasure, because it motivates a company to do better.... This guy the one/s you were targeting have every right to air their views.

colkai
04-05-2005, 05:49 AM
As for FPrime, the updated SDK in 8.2 have allowed some annoying things to no longer be needed. I presume (hopeing) that LW 8.5 will have all the hooks to allow the shaders etc to fully work in FPrime.

Even if not - I would expect them to be working towards it - as indeed they already are I'm sure.

I still think by 8.9? we will be happy - I may be naive and overly optimistic (not my normal trait), but I dunno - you get the feeling that folks at Newtek are hyped about it all. Which can only be a good thing, and no, I don't think it is all sales-speak or propaganda.
One thing I love about NT - these guys are pasisonate about their work. :)

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 05:55 AM
I'm sorry Kuzey I think you're the one that missed the point.

Actually, you're the one that missed the point. Forget the fact he's german for a minute and re read my post's, you'll see I acted because he looked like he came here to cause trouble. I actually, read he was German after my first post!

but you think what you want to.

Kuzey

Kuzey
04-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Fausto, thinking about somemore I see what you mean.

After all, I did go to many rallies like, Free East Timor, Anti Neo-Nazi, Anti War, Free the Refugees etc. etc. over the years.

I wonder what it says about someone who brings out the race card just to try and make a point, maybe a mirror is needed here.

Kuzey

Matt
04-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Awww guys, come on! You shouldn't have bitten!

Yep, you hear that? I can hear it! It's the sound of Chuck coming down the hallway with his big set of keys to padlock this thread!

:D

Yog
04-05-2005, 06:30 AM
For all I know he coulld be working for modo and just causing trouble!

Kuzey
Yep I've noticed this as well. It seems it's only Modo employees that critize LW these days.
I long for the good old days when it was only LW users that critized LW, at least you knew where you stood with those b*****ds :D

radams
04-05-2005, 06:38 AM
Okay, enough is enough guys,

This thread has had enough flames in it.
If you have a personal beef please take it off forum.

This is NT's forum and does allow for many thoughts and ideas..even thous questioning or negative towards them in too many cases.

The Original forum was made up of more people tryign to help each other and being more professional and respectful of each other and each others work.

As I've stated before on other threads.

If LW, VT, or any NT product doesn't have what you need then look to other vendors to suply that...Voice your needs and thoughts to NT but do so with reason and thought. Screaming and name calling etc..does no one any good and just wastes bandwidth and time.

If you have constructive things to say please do so that we all can learn and grow. If you want to jump up and down, scream and shout please take it else where. That goes to all of us who even comment back..ignor these other off color remarks or comments. The more we create a positive forum the better for all of us...Now that doesn't mean to not voice issues and concerns...NT needs to hear them but it doens't mean that we need to launch a Nuke into the forum either ;)

Cheers,

Chuck
04-05-2005, 03:45 PM
We're certainly excited to see what Worley Labs has been able to accomplish with the SDK additions and changes that we've been providing in our LightWave [8] updates, including that he's now taken advantage of some of the 22 SDK enhancements in 8.2. As has already been said many times before, we'll most certainly be implementing the changes that he and other developers would like as we continue with our development of LightWave. Our programming staff continues to get direct feedback from Steve and the folks at Worley Labs as we work on his requests, so he's fully aware that we're working on these steadily and that each update will provide more available options and power to FPrime and other third party tools.

Congratulations to Worley Labs on releasing FPrime 1.5!!

Chuck
04-05-2005, 03:48 PM
This thread will be closed - and those of you on either side of this debate who used name-calling - don't do this in future or you'll be banned from the forum. Regardless of how much you may disagree with what another person is saying, or how much you may suspect their motives or intentions for what they are saying, it is not appropriate to call names and make accusations. So don't.