PDA

View Full Version : Create a Program Using Lightwave

x2jitendra
04-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I've been searching around for the forums for a bit, but I can't figure the following out..

Can one, using Lightwave create a 3d stand-alone application that can be distributed to end users? I know that there is a program addon called FinalCut (or something like that) which allows me to do what I want, but that's an additional 1,000 dollars or something.

I want to create a virtual tour, where a user can look around like they were actually in the scene...If someone knows of a program that can do this, that would be wonderful. I just thought that Lightwave might do this...but I'm not sure.
Thanks a lot!

Lukesutherland
04-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Not sure if this is what you mean but have you looked at the FBX plugins?
They allow you to export your scene from LW, then if 3rd parties want to view it they can install the FBX for quicktime plug-in and view the 3d scene in 3d, move around it etc. All the FBX stuff is free.

http://www.alias.com/eng/products-services/fbx/index.shtml

SplineGod
04-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Lightwave can export shockwave 3d and VRML. There are other game/realtime engines ranging from free to not free that can load LW scene files.

hijacker
04-04-2005, 06:48 PM
You can also render in Quicktime VR which will allow you to view a 360 Deg scene from a single point. All you need is the quicktime player to view the scene. You could also use the stereo function and build an analglyph at the same time and it would be in 3D, once you put on your red and blue glasses.

Cheers

Martyn

x2jitendra
04-04-2005, 07:00 PM
Wonderful!!! thanks a lot, now all i need to do is to figure out how to use this...lol

Thanks again for the prompt responses..
Jit

Pastrana
09-24-2005, 12:03 AM
I need to export as .fbx but can't find the plugin. Alias bought the kaydara company and it seems they have the plugin only for their paid members.
can someone send me the plugin via email? (not sure if its free!_)

thanks

ben

kennez
09-24-2005, 04:46 AM
You don't have to pay. The basic level of membership is free, and you can download the plugins after registering.

sammael
09-24-2005, 08:18 AM
Check out the thread I posted "Poetry In Motion", this little lightwave addon might help you out but its still in alpha or beta or something. Looks mad though. Im not sure if it will have the capabilities your looking for but you will be able to make an .exe file of your animated scene than runs in openGL. Theres plenty on info at the link anyway... here it is again.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=248382&page=1&pp=15

droodawg127
09-25-2005, 04:50 PM
There is a free 3D modeling and animation program called Blender that can produce standalone applications. It's a great program but it takes a little while to get used to the interface. check out www.blender.org.