PDA

View Full Version : LW8:s developer story?

Para
04-04-2005, 02:49 AM
Hi all

I was browsin' through some very old threads about LW8 here on NewTek's board and the thread about UI concepts (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=8241) was the one that spurred me to post this.

The reason may seem quite obvious since LW8 doesn't look anywhere near that concept (which I really liked back then and still do). I know that what is planned isn't what gets done but I'd really enjoy to hear everything possible from developers and everyone related about the path from LW7.x to LW8, including all the bad parts and of course the good parts. I find this kind of info interesting because I've always been interested about the behind-the-scenes stuff, especially if it's technical in some way. After all I'm more of a technician than an artist :)

Karmacop
04-04-2005, 09:41 AM
I find this stuff interesting too, and a recent post asked a similar thing. I think this stuff is less likely too be done because most companys would never say what went wrong :p

Ztreem
04-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah! I'm very interested in why the UI design wasn't changed more in this direction.

Chuck
04-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Actually, pretty much all of the discussion about the matter took place here in a number of threads, with quite a few concept iterations posted during the process.

Tim Parsons
04-04-2005, 03:52 PM
LW 8.2 is a great update IMHO. Too bad it doesn’t look like it! That being said, I’d rather Newtek leave it alone and work on other more important issues.

Tim