PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated Noob...

ChillWill Graphix
04-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi,

So I just got LW 8 in the mail and updated it to 8.2.1 and I cannot seem to get tool handles to show up. I've searched, but with no luck. Did they do away with handles or am I just missing something? Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. I really like to use handles when doing the translate/rotation thing. Thank you much in advance!!!

Graphically, Mike

P.S. Anyone else having trouble selecting points with the 8.2.1 update?

Tiger
04-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Hi Mike!

Maybe this can help...

1. Press "d" to bring up the "Display Option Panel".
2. Make sure that you have the "Show handles" box checked.

As far as point selecting...no problems here. :)

ChillWill Graphix
04-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Ok, well apparently Modeler does not use handles - correct me if I'm wrong here. And as far s the point selection goes... When I select a point in any view port, the selection does not show up in the viewport it was selected in, but shows up in the others. Is this normal? I've messed with LW before and do not remember seeing this happen. If this is NOT normal, what might I try to fix it? I have a factory bought LW8 with updates to 8.0.1 to 8.2 to 8.2.1. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you much - Mike

Silkrooster
04-03-2005, 12:30 AM
The only tool that I can think of at the moment that has handles is the bezier curve tool.
Silk

JamesCurtis
04-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Mike,

Selection of points in Modeler should show in all viewports. Could be a graphics display card driver issue. Also you might check to see if any of the options in the Display options panel have been turned off somehow. There is a "show points" selection.

My LW Modeler works fine.

ChillWill Graphix
04-03-2005, 11:53 AM
It's not an options selection issue. I've got a Dell Inspiron XPS notebook with ATI Mobility 9800. I'm running omega drivers v5.1. Anybody else having this issue with an ATI card? Should I switch drivers? I believe that the newest ATI drivers are 5.2, but I always heard that the Omega drivers were better. Any ideas? Thanks much!

Later - Mike