View Full Version : Lightwave with Director MX help please

dnelson3001
04-02-2005, 12:54 PM
hello
i am at university final year, for my final
year project i am trying to make a interactive DVD by using Lightwave and
Director MX. little experience in lightwave, the DVD is about a poet so
i wanted to make a scene in lightwave that looked like a stage in a
small cafe and have interactive 3D menus floating in the air, then export it to director MX where i would create the navigation for the 3D menus . i have the
plan in mind but don't really know how to put together, i know that i can do it but it will take me forever can you please help me can please send me some scenes so i can see how it is done

thank you

smmuck
04-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey man I did that exact thing last semester (using director and lightwave to make an interactive piece) and all I can say is good luck! I got it done alright but it sounds like you might be begining lightwave? If so you might aswell start on something else (not to discourage you but its just to much information to learn in a hurry) I spent 100's if not 1000's of hours on my piece and it still lacks alot. Also my idea was not complex just machines that turned on and off, not nearly the amount of time that would be needed to create what I think you want to do. I am sorry to rain on your parade but lightwave is just tooo much to learn in a hurry, if you had some time you could buy some books, other than that it is simply unprobable that it could be completed in a month or two (i dont know when your semester is done). Sorry man, maybe try a flash piece. just an idea?
good luck!
sm