PDA

View Full Version : VT3 AVI Wrapper Questions

bbeanan
04-21-2003, 01:53 PM
With the new AVI wrapper coming in VT3....

1) Does the computer playing said file have to be a VT3 computer?

2) Does the orginal TED file, DVEs, Source Files, etc. all need to be present on the computer?

3) Does it support alpha?

Faraz
04-25-2003, 05:01 PM
1.) Yep, this is only a wrapper pointing to original files. The wrapper file itself is small maybe 100K.

2.) I don't think it needs the orignal TED file, but it will need source and DVE files. Because it's wrapper only pointing to other files.

3.) I really don't know, but would hope so.

Paul Lara
04-25-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Faraz
I don't think it needs the orignal TED file, but it will need source and DVE files.

Interestingly enough, the AVI you save actually IS the TEd file. If you load that AVI back into ToasterEdit, it will load like any other project.

I'll check on the Alpha issue for you.

Scott Bates
04-25-2003, 10:47 PM
the AVI you save actually IS the TEd file. If you load that AVI back into ToasterEdit, it will load like any other project.
But as Faraz said, the original source material for the project must remain where it was when the T3 project was built since the T3 Project simply points to the sources and tells the Toaster what to do with them, correct?

Faraz
04-26-2003, 09:07 AM
So if I wanted, there would be no disadvatage for me save every project as a .avi file.

Paul Lara
04-26-2003, 02:15 PM
...there would be no disadvatage for me save every project as an .avi file?

That's correct, Faraz. It is one of the options when you save your project.

...and yes, Scott, the files would have to be read from their original locations.

Faraz
04-28-2003, 02:24 PM
So why not get rid of .ToasterEditProject all togather. Just make.avi, the only standered.

Question, could you drill into a .avi project?

chribba
04-28-2003, 04:28 PM
If you have a network and working together on a server,does this mean that U´can save a project as *.avi and then open the project in another computer? Is it still a project or just one long clip?
Can anyone who is connected to the server play the *.avi in WMP directly?

Paul Lara
04-28-2003, 04:36 PM
So why not get rid of .ToasterEditProject all togather. Just make.avi, the only standerd.
...could you drill into a .avi project?

probably for backward compatibility, Faraz.

There's no need to 'drill into' the AVI, since if you load it back into VT-Edit, it loads up in its full project status.