PDA

View Full Version : Beta Testing LightWave 3D in Europe

BeeVee
04-02-2005, 05:30 AM
Hi all,

Exciting times are here. NewTek has launched two open beta tests of LightWave, which I will detail for European, Middle East and African users.

LightWave 3D 8.3 open beta
People who have applied to NewTek for status as open beta testers of the next revision of LightWave will receive documentation in the days to come to sign and return to NewTek Europe so that they can download the open beta of LightWave 3D 8.3.

LightWave 3D 64-bit Edition
Registered LightWave users equipped with 64-bit hardware and Windows XP64 can currently apply to join the beta program for the first publically available 64-bit professional 3D package. Interested European users should send a message to [email protected] and await further instructions.

B

colkai
04-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Cool - just a shame I couldn't put in the time to help with this.
Of course - you do know this means you're gonna get a host of "when it it available / what's in it?" threads now! :p

Lewis
04-02-2005, 07:44 AM
Interesting and very good news Ben. I like "new" NewTek team. My inbox is clean ;) :D. So when did you say mails are ariving, next few days means this new week or this month ;)?

Either way NT is doing nice "update" on marketing and promotin - Thumbs UP ! :D.

cheers

Matt
04-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Ben, I applied but never had an email back, does that mean I missed it?

BeeVee
04-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Not at all, people who registered for the 8.3 beta will be receiving mail in the near future...

B

Bytehawk
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
well I got the time, here's hoping...

mkiii
04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Hmm... I completely missed that one... I should read the messages more often eh.

pixym
04-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Not at all, people who registered for the 8.3 beta will be receiving mail in the near future...

B

How to registered for the 8.3 beta?
Last year I send Newtek a message to ask for beta testing, but I did not receive any reply...

Hervé
04-04-2005, 11:51 PM
well, you're like me then Pixym... :(

lardbros
04-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Errrm... i'm way too excited now... but how long does Beta testing normally go on for? Just trying to get a realistic date for when the new version may be arriving... i don't want to start getting giddy now, it's way too early.

Also, how does someone go about Beta testing? and how would someone qualify? Do they need to be a company preferably or can it be any average Joe?