PDA

View Full Version : MIDI/USB Mixer Controller support in LW8?

Marco Solorio
04-02-2005, 03:49 AM
Is there support for a MIDI or USB mixer controller for use with things like LW's Morph Mixer? It would be nice to control multiple sliders via hardware for multiple morph channels rather than playing with a mouse and single slider. An example is the old Peavey PC1600x to control software sliders via hardware sliders/faders. I know other apps have been supporting this concept for several years now. Still a diehard LW users for 10 years though and loving it more and more with every new release! V8.2 rocks my world.

I've searched the Newtek forums and Googled the net for any info but haven't found any.

Thanks,

SplineGod
04-03-2005, 12:35 AM
I believe lscript has support in it for midi input.
To be honest theres other ways of controlling things that I think are probably easier.
Maestro, Joytrol and built in sliders are pretty simple to setup and in the case of Maestro is flexible and powerful :)

cresshead
04-03-2005, 01:57 PM
i know that 3dsmax supports midi for realtime capture of parameters you wish to use via midi..it also can use realtime capture [recording and thinning of keyframes] via a joystick and a mouse or your keyboard...

this way you can puppeter your model's animation via your chosen input device with more than just one channel...such as via the joystick you could have head movement [pitch,bank,heading and the "hat"buttons could be set up for eyebrows and the other bottoms for blinks plus the trigger could be for mouth targets...

maybe seeing as lscript has support for midi and possibly from a keyboard or joystick lightwave may be able to do realtime puppetering via someone's efforts or maybe lw 9!

X-MAN
04-03-2005, 02:36 PM
MIDI2LW (http://interialabs.de/lw/lscript/) is a Midi Input for LW. It is based on the MidiMan Object agent for Lscript. With this agent LS is able to access Midi Interfaces. Would be good to see a solution which allows the use of Midi controllers to drive sliders.

Marco Solorio
04-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Thanks guys! You've all been a great help.

Meistro looks cool, but I'd use that for other IK stuff; the MIDI implementation is more for multiple, real-time recording/performance of targets/channels/etc (Cresshead touched on the exact reason for why we'll need this control). X-Man, your link is great; it has other links off it as well and with it, I think we might be able to conjure something up. I forgot to mention that although the Peavey PC1600x is a popular MIDI controller to do this with, we'll actually be trying it on a JLCooper CS-10 MIDI controller. If we get this going, maybe we can squeeze in some time for a short article of what we did to [hopefully] make it work. It may all be in vein, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks again,

opmeyer
11-22-2011, 11:56 PM
How did you go with this midi input from the CS-10?