PDA

View Full Version : DOH! Messed up layout view!

joeldberry
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Somehow in playing around with the settings, I have managed to get Layout into some kind of funky view where the polygon edges in all viewports are all "dotted" no matter what viewport settings I choose -- solid, textured, or otherwise -- they are all just dotted outlines... and none of the objects will render, even though I have given them surfaces in modeler...

I promise this is the last question I'll ask today... I don't know what happened... two days ago I was rendering just fine, but like I said, I am new to Lightwave, so there's probably something I did somewhere and didn't realize it.

Thanks in advance!

jdb

gjjackson
04-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Without an image I'm guessing maybe a bounding box setting. That wouldn't explain the rendering issue. Post an image and let's take a look.

joeldberry
04-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I finally got fed up with it and deleted (uninstalled) everything even remotely related to Lightwave off my hard drive and reinstalled everything. That cleared it up, of course, but who knows what happened?

It was basically the "currently selected item" set of dotted lines in the layout view, but no matter what setting I chose, nothing but those dotted lines were showing up. If it happens again, I'll post an image.

Thanks!

jdb

gjjackson
04-02-2005, 12:55 PM
If it happens again, instead of removing, try deleting your config files and clear out all the plugins. Make sure the hub is shut down and they restart from there.