PDA

View Full Version : lock layers in modeler

telamon
04-01-2005, 02:21 AM
It would be great to be able to lock layers in modeler. Assume you are modelling eye sockets.

For instance, when modelling the eyes, I have my eyeballs and my face on two separate layers. It is easier to work with both layers in shaded mode (I mean, both layers are active). Nevertheless when I tweak with the drag tool, I often move the eyeballs vertices. My trick is to select the face polygons, hide the polygon selection and work in this configuration. It is not the best one because I cannot use tools like size / stretch / move / rotate on any given selection. I'd have to deselect, select the polygons to be moved and act....

Layers locking would help to display the background layers in shaded mode and avoid to act on them.

It would be also useful for background references. Apply the reference pics onto polygons in a locked layer and we could see the reference pics in the perspective view.

GregMalick
04-01-2005, 08:12 AM
I like this idea . :cool:

Lynx3d
04-01-2005, 02:04 PM
Yes either that or make it possible to have background layers "fully" visible instead of wires only...which would result in about the same i guess.

Not the first time something like this was suggested, and i still want it too :)

Ztreem
04-02-2005, 06:07 AM
Sounds like a good feature to me.

evenflcw
04-02-2005, 03:48 PM
I like this idea too, as much as I always have :)

Lamont
04-03-2005, 03:00 PM
Locking layers is something that I've always wanted. Useful for image planes too.

parm
04-04-2005, 01:27 AM
This would be very useful indeed.

Mr Mouse
05-24-2005, 03:44 PM
I found this post by doing a search to answer the self same question and see that both locking layers or seeing background layers other than the default wireframe is not possible.

The lack of this makes fine tuning a mesh in relation to an object in another very difficult.

Please put this functionality in.

Kvaalen
05-24-2005, 04:20 PM
I vote for it too! Been wanting for this a long time!
I would also like to add that maybe it being a BG layer fully visible would be better since you could select right through the faces. This would also imply an opacity option.

erikals
05-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Was about to post a feature request for this :)
You got my vote!

Lamont
05-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I think the option to set the opacity of a layer, even if locked, a good feature. Right now I do it on a surface basis.