PDA

View Full Version : Scene BUG fix please

badllarma
03-31-2005, 01:57 AM
Hi can we please have the scene file fixed so if a user/artist updates a model in a scene E.G. adds more layers in modeler, the scene editor fo the lightwave scene sees the new layers for the object.

Pretty basic stuff but it's broken in 8.21 running on Windows XP pro :confused: :mad:

Ztreem
03-31-2005, 02:05 AM
I Agree with you, it's very frustrating when the object doesn't update correctly in layout.

mrunion
03-31-2005, 06:47 AM
This is definintely something that would be helpful I'm sure, but calling it a bug *may* be too forward. What I mean is, if this is the way it's SUPPOSED to work then it's not a bug -- no matter how annoying it may be.

How is it SUPPOSED to work? I'll try and check the manual real quick.

Karmacop
03-31-2005, 07:50 AM
It's a great idea, and I'd love it to work, but it's not defined how it'd work. I mean, is lightwave meant to check all objects in the scene to see if any new visible layers have been added? Sometimes it'd be good and sometimes it'd be bad. n option to do this or not would be good, but as I said, it's a bit undefined because of Lightwave's model and scene formats.

badllarma
03-31-2005, 08:41 AM
I think maybe someone thinking this is a request for a new type of way of doing things it's not, everything was working fine until 8.21 came along all I know when ever I've had a scene and updated an object (E.G added two more layers) it had automatically had those layers added the next time I loaded the scene OR do the sinc to layout from modeler.

Niether of which now work which is very poor to say the least in fact it's a bloody stupid.
No long can you use basic proxies for objects or even alter the object from one to two layers once a scene is created, as all you lighting setups, keyframes created are a wasit of time and the entire scene has to be created again or work your way around it :mad:

Karmacop
03-31-2005, 09:40 AM
:o

I thought this never worked unless you were currently editing the object in modeler? :confused:

Dodgy
03-31-2005, 02:37 PM
It works on and off for me. I'd prefer to see an 'Add selected layers to layout' button instead of updating automatically, since some get added when i only want a temp background layer.

Matt
03-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Or better still, have a toggle in Modeller layers that specify which layers are 'hidden' from Layout view when imported - more flexible that way

Ztreem
03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
Or better still, have a toggle in Modeller layers that specify which layers are 'hidden' from Layout view when imported - more flexible that way

Isn't what this field does?

colkai
04-01-2005, 01:27 AM
In the meantime - I just use the 3rd party plugin load object layer plus/adv - which allows me to select which layers I want to load by name. But yeah, like dodgy says - an optional thing would be cool.