PDA

View Full Version : how do I update 8.0???

old fashioned d
03-30-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm freaking out here. I install the 8.2.1 patch and it doesnt work. It still shows *Build 690 30-Mar-2004*

What gives? I've reinstalled now 3 TIMES!! even cleaned out my registry and I've made sure the hub wasnt running.

HELP!!!!
Thanks in advance

old fashioned d
03-30-2005, 06:54 PM
well I can update to 8.01 and then update to 8.2 but it still wont update to 8.2.1

anybody know what give??

bizzare...

Snosrap
03-30-2005, 09:51 PM
8.2.1 fixed plugins only that were broke with the release of 8.2 so the core code was not updated that's why the about info has not changed. If your unsure whether your update took, make a chain of bones and split one of them. If it splits without sending the bone out in no mans lands your update has been successful. Also the Scene Editor has been updated. It has not got much press, but I find it to be fantastic! More intuitive and now when you click on checked marked cells it takes, no more Property Panel to deal with. However the Property Panel is still available by right clicking in the small square within the cells for global input of numeric inputs. Just a very nice update. I was very frustrated with the Scene Editor before, but I'm really liking this.

Snos