PDA

View Full Version : Are there still probs with the updated 8.2.1 update??

lardbros
03-30-2005, 04:29 PM
Have been downloading the newest updates for LW8 and noticed for the 8.2.1 update it says warning, if you downloaded this before [whatever date] please download again.

I have read on here a few problems with the 8.2.1 update, regarding the EPSF loader and such, and was wondering if since they have updated the 8.2.1 update whether they still exist?

I have downloaded it, but am awaiting the install just incase they haven't been fixed, and most people have reverted to 8.2 anyway.

Would love to know, and thanks for your advice in advance! :D

lardbros
03-31-2005, 01:05 PM
Please Newtek, can you tell me? I just want to know if it's okay to install it after all the probs everyone had with EPSF, Scene Editor and a few other things. Has this new updated 8.2.1 update fixed all the minor bugs??

ACLOBO
03-31-2005, 03:54 PM
eps exporter is still broken...

The latest patch addressed several things - mostly problems with the bone tools. Go read the update notes for a list of things fixed...

-Adrian

lardbros
03-31-2005, 05:05 PM
I went ahead and installed it anyway, and have had no problems at all with anything. I tried out the EPSF loader and it worked fine too, so i'm guessing they have updated the update, to rid of the well known bugs.

If i'm wrong, then i guess i'm lucky that ive had no probs! :D

ACLOBO
04-01-2005, 08:30 PM
The loader works fine.... It is the exporter that doesn't work..

-Adrian

lardbros
04-02-2005, 07:03 AM
Ahhhh, that explains it then! Thanks for your help.

Hawkfyr
04-11-2005, 11:47 AM
I've only recently needed to use the eps import function but I'm having problems with it.

I recently re-formatted my PC and started loading software.
I tried to import an eps in 8.0 (out of the box) with no luck.
I then installed 8.1 then 8.2 then 8.21 (seeing that there was a problem with long file paths of the eps.

Still no luck.

I' trying to import an eps file exported from Freehand MX.

So my questions are.

1) Does LW 8.2.1 support eps. files created in FH MX?

2) Do I need to use another version of freehand?

3) Is there a way to import .ai files instead?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Signal to Noise
04-11-2005, 12:06 PM
...and noticed for the 8.2.1 update it says warning, if you downloaded this before [whatever date] please download again. ...

Strange, I DL'd the update the day it was originally released. I just checked and don't see a warning or message of any kind about needing to download the 8.2.1 update again. File date is listed as 03-02-2005.

Can you please clarify on how, when, where you saw that message?

lardbros
04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
Signal to Noise:

Hmmm, the warning was on the Newtek-europe website when i logged in and looked at the updates. Just checked again and it's not there anymore... NOW I AM CONFUSED!!! :( but the file on Europes website is listed as 09/03/05 now. I'm certain i read a warning before, that's why i assumed they may have fixed any bugs... but wondered why there was noone chatting about it on here! Oh well, i hope BeeVee can give me some backup, and i hope i didnt imagine it! :o

Anyway Hawkfyr:

In answer to your questions....

1) It does support EPS files, but only older saved versions, as far as i know anyway. If possible, try saving or maybe exporting it as an older file type.

2) Maybe... but you should be able to save/export as an older version

3) .ai files definitely work, but only if they are reverted to version 8 (don't quote me on that, it may be earlier) this will work if you do that. God knows why LW hasn't been updated to include the newest ones! :confused:

kiwi dave
04-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Whenever I export eps's out of MX, I export them as Illustrator eps's and then in Illustrator save them as Illustrator 8 eps's.

A bit long winded, but works every time.

Dave

Hawkfyr
04-11-2005, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys,I was hoping I wouldn't have to send them through a few different apps or save as older versions but nothings perfect in the world of 3d apps. With so many applications releasing newer versions,I'm sure it is tough for a developer to keep up.

Anyway...I'll give it a try, and thanks again for the help.

Tom