PDA

View Full Version : Question on skeletons/bones

trbowhtsti
03-30-2005, 10:17 AM
ok, so i exported an .obj file from poser to lightwave, i can texture, and everything else. i saved the file as .lwo. i brought the file into modeler, created a skeleton. when i bring it into layout, convert the skeletons to bones, it all works out, but when i try to move the bones, it is almost like it doesnt attached to the figure. am i doing something wrong? i have read through some tutorials, and also built a skeleton last night in modeler while directly reading from the lightwave7.0 book. i am using 7.0. itz just really bugging me. cant figure out the problem. any help would be greatly appreciated.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

jeanphi
03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Q:

1 Are your bones and object on the same layer?

2 Are deformations enable?

3 Are bones active?

A:

1 In Layout, select your object, shift B (Bones), and set the bone layer as "Use Bones from Object".

OR

You can save your rig, then select your object and load your rig to it if you use LW8.2.

OR

Or cut past your bones to the object layer in Modeler and reconvert them in Layout.

2 Enable deformations.

3 Active bones you want them to deform your object.

Dodgy
03-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Definitely make sure they're active (they should be solid lines instead of dotted) and make sure they're Rested too (press 'r' to rest bones when they're in the base pose)

trbowhtsti
03-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Bones and Object are on seperate layers. <//~~i think that is my problem. i will go back to modeler tonite and try to cut and paste back into the object layer. maybe that will fix everything. and i will feel lame for sitting there for the past three nights figuring it out. hehehe

all bones are active.

Deform is enabled.

i will definetely try this out tonite. thanks alot for the reply's i really appreciate it.