PDA

View Full Version : Rotation Problem in Modeler

gordonrobb
03-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Can anyone help me with a problem that is frustrating me. Sometimes my perspective view gets jammed at a kind of looking up position. I cannot roatate out of it and have to close modeller and start again.

Anyone?

WCameron
03-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Can anyone help me with a problem that is frustrating me. Sometimes my perspective view gets jammed at a kind of looking up position. I cannot roatate out of it and have to close modeller and start again.

Anyone?

hold the ALT key down while your mouse pointer is in the view then spin it around so you can view it again.

- Will.

Mdust
03-29-2005, 01:44 PM
Also try to just zoom out a little.

The perspective view has a tendency to get kind of gimbal locked especially when close up because it has trouble translating the mouse input.

A handy keybord shortcut is "," for zoom out and "." for zoom in. Visually the < and > keys on your keyboard - without holding shift of course.

To keep it centered use the left and right arrow keys to move around with one hand and the zoom keys with the other.

I mapped the magnify tool View tab/Viewports/Magnify to my "x" key. A handly little tool that lets you click and zoom on the spot you want to see close or far away and keeps it centered on that spot. It's downside is you drop the tool you are using. The keybord shortcuts allow you to keep the tool active.

Mdust

toby
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
If you need to 'reset' the view, go to a blank layer and press 'a'

Ztreem
03-29-2005, 02:52 PM
I mapped the magnify tool View tab/Viewports/Magnify to my "x" key. A handly little tool that lets you click and zoom on the spot you want to see close or far away and keeps it centered on that spot. It's downside is you drop the tool you are using. The keybord shortcuts allow you to keep the tool active.

You can use Alt+Ctrl to do this.

In perspective view:
Alt+Left mouse button - Rotate view
Alt+Ctrl+Left mouse button - Zoom view
Alt+Shift+Left mouse button - Move view

In all other viewports:
Alt+Left mouse button - Move view
Alt+Ctrl+Left mouse button - Zoom view
Alt+Shift+Left mouse button - Move view

Mdust
03-29-2005, 05:13 PM
You can use Alt+Ctrl to do this.

I like that one. Cool tip!

gordonrobb
03-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Well, thanks for all of these. I can see that these will make a massive difference to my workflow. I wonder why I have not known this. Either it is not well enough publicised, or I am terrible at reading the manual (probably the latter).

One that I also found that might be useful is CTRL+Shift+LMB gives you a menu for various commands.

Thanks again.