PDA

View Full Version : How do I make obscured glass in LW?

art
03-29-2005, 07:03 AM
I want to redo door at my home and I want to pre-visualize it for my wife (because she does not like the idea of what I want to get). I am trying to get a door with obscured (sanded?) glass rather than clear. Any ideas how to make it in surface editor? I inluded image of a door with the glass I want. My door will be not as wide, it's the glass type that I'm trying to simulate.

Lamont
03-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Surface Editor>Advanced tab> Refraction Blurring...

This is from just memory, I can't run LW right now. I just looked over a co-workers shoulder.

Tiger
03-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Surface Editor>Advanced tab>Environment tab...Refraction Blurring.

Environment tab...Reflection Options...determines what you want reflected
onto the surface. If you use a image, make sure that you have some Reflection
set onto your object.

Read more in the manual.

toby
03-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Take a photo from your front door to the outside and use that as a background image, then put fractal noise procedural in the refraction channel of the glass at 1/2 to 5 millimeters.

art
03-30-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for your replies guys. I did not have a time to seriously play with it yet. The blurring part stopped me before and hopefully your sugestions will work. If I get results I'm happy with, I'll post the settings for those who might find it useful in the future.

I found some results on the web that were done in a different renderer that looked decent, and hopefully (most likelely) it can be done in LW too.
And since this is only to show my wife an approximate look, it does not have to be perfect.. :)