PDA

View Full Version : LW Development Team

Mister NO
03-29-2005, 12:10 AM
What people from dev. team graduated, are they doctors , masters or something else i would like to have that information!Please :D

(sorry for my english :D )

Para
03-29-2005, 12:59 AM
This is actually a very valid question, I too would like to know who are the devs at the moment.

Librarian
03-29-2005, 09:34 AM
That would be great.
A weekly "Who am I" article or, even better, interview which presents the backgrounds of the developers, what they do, why they do it and maybe some personal insights ;)
Some companys do that for marketing purposes and itīs always fun :cool:

Matt
03-29-2005, 10:56 AM
I agree! There have been some big changes on the big ship NewTek, would be nice to know a little more about who's at the helm!

UnCommonGrafx
03-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I dunno...

That's part of the problems in our recent history: cults sprung up around some of them. That larger than the software personna can come back and bite you in the end.

Though we are a small community and such a thing would just seem common place, I can easily see where they would keep them behind the curtain with the man pushing the buttons.

Going to the trade shows is one of the best ways to get to know them.

A suggestion to those wanting more info and until they provide more info: open LW[8], select About and Google those names you see. :D Probably can find lots more than NewTek might share.

Karmacop
03-29-2005, 08:37 PM
I've been told the dev team want to stay fairly annonymous. I know I would like to know more about them, but then it gives us people to blame and torment. It'd be good for us, but bad for them, so I say let them stay annonymous.

Mister NO
03-29-2005, 11:31 PM
Behind professional software are professional programmers.
Information about them could give us more optimism(or pessimism, that is bad thing) and hope that Lightwave is in right hands and on the way to become what we all want!
So if the people from dev. team are professionals there is no need to be anonymous!
But if they are not !!!!! .....

SplineGod
03-30-2005, 12:40 AM
Im pretty sure that they are all professional programmers (paid to program).
I agree with Robert. Too many problems in the past few years have sprung up around focusing too much on personalities. Personally Im VERY satisfied that the Dev team for the most part consists of some very brilliant people. Ive used LW since before it was LW and I think the DEV team Newtek has now is probably the best Ive seen. :)

pauland
03-30-2005, 02:17 AM
Behind professional software are professional programmers.
Information about them could give us more optimism(or pessimism, that is bad thing) and hope that Lightwave is in right hands and on the way to become what we all want!
So if the people from dev. team are professionals there is no need to be anonymous!
But if they are not !!!!! .....

LOL - all coming from an anonymous poster..

The LW user community is full of pessimists and optimists and all shades between, knowing the developers isn't going to change anything at all.

I hope Microsoft has been as forthcoming about their employees, so you can choose an OS wisely..

If these guys don't want to be in the limelight, then leave them be.

Paul

Chuck
03-30-2005, 09:09 AM
As previously mentioned, the list is on the "About" panel, and it's also in the manual. If you want more than the names, then I'm sure there's info around the 'net. As far as who's new since the last "About" panel , there are two press releases on those:

Jay Roth New VP of 3D Product Management (http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/03-09-05a.html)

Mark Granger joins Development team (http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/03-09-05b.html)

In sum, considering the info is available it really doesn't seem like there's any issue to debate about the team being "anonymous", since they aren't.

We'll certainly consider the request to make more information directly available on the forums or web site, but hope you will understand that there are other priorities in marketing and development that have to take precedence.

Mister NO
03-30-2005, 11:48 PM
Okay! I just asked!