PDA

View Full Version : TriCaster FLOW

Paul Lara
03-28-2005, 11:54 AM
For integrators, resellers and all that have a modicum of technical background, here is the flow of audio, video and VGA through the wonderfully portable box that IS TriCaster!

timvincent
03-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Paul,
Looking at this diagram it would appear that the Tricaster is operating at SVGA resolutions rather than XGA as stated in the product info. Which is it?
thanks,
Tim

Paul Lara
03-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Paul,
Looking at this diagram it would appear that the Tricaster is operating at SVGA resolutions rather than XGA as stated in the product info. Which is it?
thanks,
Tim

XGA = 1024x768, which is what TriCaster outputs to projector.
XGA is just one particular subset of the broad range of capabilities covered under the "Super VGA" umbrella.

timvincent
03-29-2005, 02:24 PM
XGA = 1024x768, which is what TriCaster outputs to projector.
XGA is just one particular subset of the broad range of capabilities covered under the "Super VGA" umbrella.

Yes, but does it pass that 1024x768 from the original source or is there a lot of scaling up and down?

Paul Lara
03-29-2005, 08:10 PM
It passes the original image without down and then up-scaling

nelsonm
03-30-2005, 08:13 AM
It appears to pass the svga signal "unscaled" as long as the svga signal is not being switched.

PeteF
03-30-2005, 10:05 AM
I just finished shooting a four-hour, 160 slide, PPT meeting. I have to publish a wmv to our secure web for the international folks and those whom could not attend (should only take me about 2 days to do it :o).

I only had a days notice, and I couldn't drag my VT3 workstation in there to record the PPT as a source. (The last time I moved it more than 10 feet I wound up rebuilding). Anyway, I need this tool. I don't care if it's pro or not. To be able to pull the PPT as source, and PIP the presenter, and lay a few titles while recording live to a file, in a unit that fits into a pelican case is just the ticket for these kinds of shows.

I go could go at a moments notice with that thing, and hand over a wmv file right after the meeting concludes. No more syncing/dragging PPT slides on the timeline!

Is all the above true with this thing?

Pete

Paul Lara
03-30-2005, 01:16 PM
Is all the above true with this thing?

Oh, Yes, Pete!
It's all true. Anyone coming to NAB this year can see for themselves in South hall Booth 1949. We're in the front half of South Hall, in among Quantel, SGI, AMD and Ultimatte.

Please come see for yourself! After you're seen it for yourself, be sure to make yourself eligible to win a FREE TriCaster each day.

PeteF
03-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't need to win a TriCaster each day (one will do : ) My shipping address is...

Anyway, I had 8 presentors and I'm like rendering out #2 (%$#@!). Come monday morning I'll see the light of day... I think I can justify the cost in hours lost on just this one job, (I know I'll have about dozen more to do before years end).

I'm renting one from my vendor for the next job.

Thanks.

Pete