PDA

View Full Version : Simple Newbie ?

shack1126
03-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm trying to start a room...but I don't know how to do something as simple as walls...I've tried to use flat cubes...but I can never get them to line up correctly...frustrating because I know it's simple...just don't know how :mad: ...thanks for your help :)

gjjackson
03-28-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm trying to start a room...but I don't know how to do something as simple as walls...I've tried to use flat cubes...but I can never get them to line up correctly...frustrating because I know it's simple...just don't know how :mad: ...thanks for your help :)

You could just use a box then bevel it inward, and move it to the end. This would give you the walls. Whenever you do the bevel, do a right click to set the function, so when you do the next operation you'll be starting from new geometry.

Mr_Bester
03-28-2005, 11:12 AM
You could either use snap to grid or us the pen tool to draw out a floorplan and then extrude.

shack1126
03-28-2005, 11:52 AM
thanks guys...appriciate it...I'll give it a shot

shack1126
03-28-2005, 01:23 PM
You could just use a box then bevel it inward, and move it to the end...

OK, I understand the bevel part (I think) but what do you mean by "move it to the end"? Thanks.

mattclary
03-28-2005, 01:34 PM
He probably meant this. I would probably just create a box and flip the polys to begin with.

Tiger
03-28-2005, 01:48 PM
A really quick way to make a room is to use the sketchtool or the pen.

1.Place out some points in the Backview as seen in pic.1. Select all the points and make a open curve. Then, select the first and the last point and press "v",
(Detail-Points-Set value) and press enter. That will align the 2 points.

2. Go to Multiply and pick up our friend- the Lathe-tool (L). Press "n" which will
bring up the Numeric-panel. By default, it will be set to 24 sides, but change that
to 4 sides. Press Enter and then spacebar to drop the tool...Tadaa-Room made.

3. A quick render in Layout with 1 pointligt.

Good luck :)

shack1126
03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks to all for their help...i finally got it :)