PDA

View Full Version : disappearing UV map with shiny new G5

macdubh
03-28-2005, 01:22 AM
G'Day. Can anyone help me with this quixotic behaviour of the new dual 2.5 G5. The screenshots show what happens to some of my UV maps when the object is brought into LW on the new machine. The model and maps correctly display on 3 separate G4 machines, one single and 2 dual. G4screenshot shows an atlas UV map created on a G4 running OS 10.3.8 and LW 8.2.1. G5_screenshot shows the same model in LW 8.2.1 on a new dual 2.5 G5, nVidia 6800 Ultra runing OS 10.3.8. The map has disappeared and there are a few points scattered around.

More strange behaviour; clearing the map and reselecting the polygons to recreate the map results in G5_sceenshot2, but when the polygons are deselected the map disappears again G5_screenshot3 !

Does anyone know what is going on?

macdubh
03-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Well they were there all along. Playing with display options and turning off "show points" in the viewport display brought the map back. I have no idea why but hope this helps if anyone else encounters the same problem.

toby
03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Normally the fix for that is to turn on 'simple wireframe points' and sometimes 'simple wireframe edges' is needed. Try those, I'd hate to have no points showing.