PDA

View Full Version : plugin problems...plz help

smmuck
03-27-2005, 08:19 PM
hello again and thank you to those who responded to my last post (setting the point value to 0 was the key) Now i have run into another problem, this one is in regards to plugins. I am working with Jonny Gorden's LW 3d 8 Cartoon Character creation vol.2, In this book came a disc containing a morph-map-mixer plugin (used to mix morphs) but my problem is that my LW wont load it! I have followed the steps many times and the darn thing just wont show up.
I have a mac i dont know if thats why?
Also Im a student and i am not on my computer so i dont have administrator privledges, I dont know if thats why?
all i know is that i cant get it to load!
does anyone have any idea what is going on?
Thank you very much
sm :(

ercaxus
03-27-2005, 08:54 PM
Is it that you have the plugin on the disc and you can't install it or the scene file uses a plugin that is not recognized/installed but it was supposed to be installed by default?

If the first one is your problem copying the plugin file (the one with .p extension) to somewhere on the harddrive and installing it should be the solution. To do this you can copy the file to your homefolder somewhere (no need for special admin-pokemon powers) and go to the Utilities tab and select Add Plugins, and find the .p file.

For the second scenario you can just go to the Utilities tab and select Edit Plugins, and then scan the whole plugins directory (probably) in your lighwave/Plugins directory.

BTW if it's a pc plugin it's not going to work. you should see some error messages wwhile installing the plugin though.

smmuck
03-27-2005, 08:57 PM
hey nevermind u guys i figured it out! The problem was that this book comes with the plugin but you need a different copy of it if you are running mac OSX, so if anyone else has this problem they have a mac osx version of it at
www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/vmap.htm
so thats that :)
thanx
c-ya
sm