PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Input

vmcfalls
03-27-2005, 06:20 PM
Just assume I'm too lazy to read all the stuff, (that's there) on the TriCaster pages.
Doesn't it need input from a keyboard for titles and such. I must have missed that part. I don't remember seeing anything, must have missed it. I will assume it has ports for keyboard and mouser, etc...?

Vern McFalls

DonN
03-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Acessories required or useful,
keyboard, black,
mouse, black,
monitor, black,
tv/vga projector, black,
knapsack, black,
laptop, black,
networking gear, black
ext. firewire drive, black,
ext. firewire DVD burner, black,
up to three cameras and cables,
mics, mixer,
projection screen,
ac power source

what have I left out?
Oh yea, some way to create your overlay graphics and get them into the tricaster, and onto the overlay list.

vmcfalls
03-27-2005, 08:14 PM
It's got NLE software, you'd think it will accepct standard file formats w/ transparency info embedded. Like a "tiff" from Photoshop sucked in to it. God, I sure hope so.
Guess I need to go back and comb the pages for info.
Vern

Paul Lara
03-28-2005, 11:45 AM
It's got NLE software, you'd think it will accepct standard file formats w/ transparency info embedded. Like a "tiff" from Photoshop sucked in to it. God, I sure hope so.

Vern,
For editing? Yes, you can ingest alpha-channel images and overlay them.
For CG LIVE, there are only the Templates.

Paul

vmcfalls
03-28-2005, 02:53 PM
Vern,

Paul

Great: Thanks, Paul.
I've been waiting for Newtek to get it together for a while to do this box. As an educator, time is probably the thing we have the least amount of and I have big hopes for this device.
Vern

vmcfalls
03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Vern,

Paul

Hi Paul: Will they plan on upgrading software to accept alpha channel info in CG live.
Will software upgrade from time to time?
We've used an Avio (Casablanca) for years and the newer models do this. Of course they don't live switch.

Having that feature available later would be great, and make th box nearly untouchable in terms of presentation abilities
Vern McFalls

John Perkins
04-09-2005, 01:50 AM
I guess TriCaster has become nearly untouchable ;)
Things changed since Paul posted.

Place your orders now...

Cineman
04-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Vern,

Paul

Since Live is the main thrust of TriCaster, there needs to be a little correction/clarification to what Paul said above.

“Overlay” is the TriCaster term applied to what is called “DSK” in VT. “Templates” are the only things that can be loaded into Overlay. It is possible, however, to load, for instance, a CG Key with alpha into a Template and overlay that, including such as Pings and Targas, made in VT, CG, or otherwise.

Nes Gurley