PDA

View Full Version : Does tricaster operate at vga frequency?

nelsonm
03-27-2005, 10:45 AM
Just wondering....

When i have used the VT3 in live events that required mixing in vga input - i had to down convert vga to ntsc before running it through the VT in order to take advantage of the VT switcher and effects.

The problem was that the down converted vga output looked bad when output from the lcd projector.

Does the tricaster upconvert the ntsc inputs to operate at vga frequency before processing so that all inputs can be run through the unit to be switched and have effects applied and still look as good as the orginal vga signal using the vga input of the projector?

Paul Lara
03-28-2005, 11:51 AM
Good News!

TriCaster sends the PowerPoint presentation to the projector in 1024x768-sized accuracy, without having to down-convert it.

TriCaster performs just the OPPOSITE operation on video from VT[4] workflow - running your video-resolution images through a scaler to UP-RES your video for XGA projector output.

I'm creating a new thread of the TriCaster Flow to help clarify a lot of these questions.

Paul

nelsonm
03-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks Paul,

It appears that the svga input signal is sent through unaltered except during switching/effects.

It appears the svga signal is split and down converted before it goes through the switcher and mixed and effects applied with other sd signals then both the sd and down converted svga signal is up converted back to svga before being output from the svga output connector.

So am i correct in assuming that the down/up converted svga signal is only output during the switch duration - then the output is switched back to the unaltered svga signal if and when the switcher ends with the sgva signal on the program bus?

If so - thats acceptable - since most viewers would not notice the quality of the down converted during and transition.

And - YES PLEASE - incorporate the feature into the next VT[x].

Or better yet - make a new VT[x] that functions at svga frequency with all sd analog input signals up converted to svga before being switched. Then just down convert only the sd analog signals for output to "what will be" the "old legacy devices" in about 5 to 10 years. You know... like all the ntsc output devices we all currently use.