PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Causes Graphic Problems...

paulmcg1
03-27-2005, 08:00 AM
Hi, Im having a major problem...seeing as im working on a scene where I have to make a realistic looking earth and a astroid coming down on it. What is happening is, In layout when I load a sphere into layout, then when I go into camera view and then move the camera...my display gets distorted and my screen freezes. Every 20 or 30 seconds itll refresh to another looking distortion. My screen looks like 8 bit when this happens, and I cant see anything on my screen except large colorful pixels...I've been using Lightwave fine, I got Ati's recent driver...as far as im aware. This is a major problem and is really bugging me to death.

My system is: 512mb of ram
Ati Radeon 9000 AGP 128mb
Asus Motherboard TUV4x Socket 370
1.1 Celeron Processor

Please help!
Paul

JamesCurtis
03-27-2005, 10:31 AM
ATI cards have been problematic with LW. Opengl drivers are not up to the same level as an Nvidia card from what I hear. Suggest a different driver or change of card to Nvidia based one.

Maybe you can tweak a setting on the ATI card to get it to work.

DragonFist
03-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Asus motherboards also make things worse with an ATI card. In bios, if you have the PEG Link option set it to "disabled" or to "slow" if disabled is not available. This function overclocks your graphics card by default.