PDA

View Full Version : Now a proud owner of LW8... well nearly!!

lardbros
03-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey you guys and gals!

After years of using Lightwave at my uni i have FINALLY bought my very own copy today. I can move away from my universities labs, even to another county!! That's all i've got to say, but keep up the GREAT work Newtek, and hope the updates keep coming thick and fast! :D

Ooh, am i excited!

j0SH
03-24-2005, 07:29 AM
feels good hey?

mattclary
03-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Congrats!

[gratuitous filler to get around minimum message length]

lardbros
03-24-2005, 12:22 PM
Its shipped already, blimey Newtek don't waste any time! Never felt like i was as much one of the team when i was just using it at uni, but now... i am a true Waver!

To be honest the thing that made me choose Lightwave over any of the others is this forum and Spinquad... i've never known an online community quite like it!

Signal to Noise
03-25-2005, 04:58 PM

To be honest the thing that made me choose Lightwave over any of the others is this forum and Spinquad... i've never known an online community quite like it!

That's exactly the same reason I jumped onto the LW Bandwagon. The very friendly and talented bunch of LW users inspired me. Besides, at the time LW's price was right and the promo (DFX+ bundle) couldn't be passed up.

Welcome to the "legit clique" and visit CGTalk (http://www.cgtalk.com) from time to time as well.

lardbros
03-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Oh of course, i forgot the special offers!! Thats the MAIN reason i've bought LW now, i had a copy of Cinema 4D lying around and bloody useless, so when the competitive upgrade came up i just got it for an UNBELIEVABLE price!!! I was going to buy it anyway, but with offers like these Newtek must be celebrating Christmas every day or something?!

I do visit CGtalk a bit too, and am well up for their latest challenge too. I hope there will be a heap of other Lightwave users work to look at aswell.