PDA

View Full Version : Loading Motions in an Envelope

Heavenhorse
03-22-2005, 08:59 PM
This is problably easy. I'm just not really familar with the Lightwave 8.0 layout. Anyways. I was reading the Hypervoxel smoke tutorial along with it's counterpart - Aura video paint on how to record a stroke then put it into Layout to animate it and etc.

Anyways. During certain parts, it asks you to load Stroke_updown.mot into the Birthrate envelope and Stroke_Pressure.mot into the lightflare intensity envelope.

I'd just like to know. How do you load motion files into an envelope. Only thing the [E] button does is load up the graph editor.

Best regards
Erick.

Heavenhorse
03-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the help People. Even though it seems no one actually wants to help. :/

evenflcw
03-29-2005, 09:11 PM
It might be that no one felt they COULD help you. Not every one has Aura, and not alot of people have worked with particleFX. And I'll admit that I was not even aware you could load *.mot files, which I always thought consisted of 3 channels, into and single channel envelope. Turns out they can probably hold any number of channels and you can load them into an envelope just fine (they only check the first channel).

After clicking the E key to open the Graph Editor, right click the birthrate channel in the channel bin and select replace, point it to the motion file and your done.

Thanks for opening my eyes abit.