PDA

View Full Version : Copy an Envelope?

xsjwheeler
03-22-2005, 03:13 PM
This may very well be and easy one that is escaping me. I need to set up some dissolves, and was hoping that I could use the Scene Editor to create an envelope for one object, and then copy the envelope to several other objects for later tweaking (I have never used this mode before). This would save me gobs of time. I have searched documentation, forums, and faqs, but have not found an easy way to copy/paste envelopes like dissolve. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Many thanx in advance...

MonroePoteet
03-22-2005, 03:54 PM
I think it may be easier to do this with the Graph Editor than with the Scene Editor.

In the Graph Editor, if you right-click in the channel bin, you're provided with various options, including the ability to Copy and Paste the envelope, or Save it to a file, or Replace it from a file. Note that only the "current" channel is copied or pasted, saved or replaced regardless of how many channels are selected in the bin.

So, if you set up the desired Dissolve envelope on one of your objects, while still in the Graph Editor you can right-click Dissolve in the channel bin, and select Copy. Then, for each subsequent object, bring up the Graph editor by pressing the "E" next to Dissolve, then right-click and Paste.

mTp