PDA

View Full Version : OT: Conferencing / Screen-Sharing Software - Recommendations?

Matt
03-22-2005, 05:06 AM
Hi all

Our company is looking into buying some decent PC based conferencing / screen-sharing software for showing live images to our overseas clients.

Not really that interested in video conferencing in the traditional sense because they all suck! However, some well-written, easy to use software that allows voice communication along with the sharing of a PC screen would be ideal.

Can anyone recommend anything that might fit the bill?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

P.S. Oh, Skype doesn't fit the bill! :) Nor does MSM!

P.P.S. NewTek, if you're interested in knocking something up then please feel free! :)

Bytehawk
03-22-2005, 06:38 AM
have you looked on realvnc or [email protected] or derivatives of that tech

I use that a lot to provide support for my programs. (my programs are not related to graphics if your should wonder - more like hotel reservation systems)

BeeVee
03-22-2005, 07:03 AM
I spent all this morning trying to demo LightWave to someone at a distance using Remote Assistance. I had previously tried with a friend and all had worked, but with this potential customer all they got was the interface, no OpenGL at all... :(

B
PS. VNC works, but is far too slow and demands something be installed at both ends of the connection. I used Remote Assistance because it's built into WinXP...

PPS. Used Skype for the audio since that works far better than the Msoft alternative...