PDA

View Full Version : Same displacement map for many objetcs

Olivier_m
03-22-2005, 03:42 AM
I have a scene with about 600 objects. I need to put the same displacement map to 550 of them... What can I do exept editing the objects one by one? Any Idea?

Mylenium
03-22-2005, 04:12 AM
If you haven't placed them yet, you could clone your original object with the disp map and then replace it with the final objects. Otherwise the only easement is to make use of copy/ paste functionality and apply that by hand. Neither of the two approaches is really quick, though.

Mylenium

MonroePoteet
03-22-2005, 10:35 AM
I've had luck using a text-editor macro while editing the LWS file. The macro searches for the LoadObject lines, moves forward to the ShadowOptions line, and pastes in the plug-in information prior to the ShadowOptions. The plug-in information was copied to the clipboard from an object where the plug-in was applied using the plug-in's standard panel to ensure correct syntax.

If you choose to try this method, BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR SCENE FILE. It is *very* easy to damage the scene file irrevocably using this method.

mTp

Olivier_m
03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
It sounds to be a good idea. I also use text editor to modify scenes sometimes. I didn't thought about this solution this time....