PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find original templates?

tfrank
03-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Stupidly, I deleted a template in the VT-4 Character Generator on my dealer built box. I am assuming that I can just re-load the templates over the top of the old install. Is this possible? Any instructions on how to? Thanks for your help folks.

Tim Johnson
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
They should be on the discs there. Not sure which one, or if they're part of some big compressed file. Are they the ones that are included w/ VT4? If so, give your dealer a holler to see if they can put those back on. If nothing else, the ol' uninstall/reinstall thing might work.

Glad the templates are getting some use!

Keith Gandy
04-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Aren't they part of the content disk - which can be installed only in part via the custom control? Just a guess.

RayLarson
04-29-2005, 07:42 AM
Just an FYI that I use the templates all the time.

bradl
04-29-2005, 09:53 PM
It has been reported that you can re-install the content with the PGM disks without affecting the Programs. I suggest you make a full backup of the VT directory or burn it to DVD disk just in case you delete something...

tfrank
05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Thanks for all of the ideas folks. I had to reinstall the VT4 program disk today due to another issue (corrupted file that would not allow capture to open completely)and all of the VT4 CG templates returned. Guess that answers where the templates reside, they are on the program disk.